Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought a 94 tt 6sp and the guy just put in an autometer cobalt boost gauge but it constantly registers 10psi while the car is turned off. Autometer sent me this note back ...

The power supply wire needs to be a 12 volt power source that stays powered even during the cranking of the starter/engine and is still switched off when the key is turned off.

Does anyone know which wire I can tap into that meets this criteria? I am assuming the install is messed up since the oil pressure gauge is in the car but the wires are just coiled up under the hood because they didnt know where hook it up.

Lovely ..... Now I know why I do most of my own installs.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Slow in NoVa
194 Posts
Use the wires that go into the clock behind the dash. Most people do this because their boost gauge goes in place of the clock anyway. somewhere on mkiv.com is a pic of this, I will try and find it

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent. I will tear into it this week and see how it goes. Thanks for the great info.

Any mounting tips for my profec B specII?

thx
Mike

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
Mike,

I sent you an email since I'm located in Rochester also. But as far as mounting the profec b, there are a number of ways you can do it. If you don't mind hacking away at your dash, you can cut a rectangle just to the left of your steering wheel and mount the profec b in there like my car has. Otherwise, placing it on top of the steering column is another great way to mount it. Just run the wires through the crack between the steering column and the dash.

Good luck!

mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts