Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2005 LP640
Joined
·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm stumped here........I have the Tial wastegate that comes with the SP61 kit.

Now I need to route my lines for my Profec B base model EBC.(not a spec II or anything)

Here is how it is set-up right now:

IN on the solenoid for the EBC goes to the nipple on the compressor housing
OUT goes to the bottom of the wastegate (farthest from the downpipe)
The SIDE port on the wastegate goes to vacuum pressure on the manifold by the firewall
The EBC vacuum is also teed in the same spot as the wastegate

The profec B is switched for an External setup with 4 being down, 3 being up, 2 being up, and 1 being down.

Is this all correct? I still seem to be hitting cut around 14-15psi, and this spring is a 1 bar spring......is my routing correct or was I a dumbass somewhere?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,271 Posts
87turbosupra said:
Okay I'm stumped here........I have the Tial wastegate that comes with the SP61 kit.

Now I need to route my lines for my Profec B base model EBC.(not a spec II or anything)

Here is how it is set-up right now:

IN on the solenoid for the EBC goes to the nipple on the compressor housing
OUT goes to the bottom of the wastegate (farthest from the downpipe)
The SIDE port on the wastegate goes to vacuum pressure on the manifold by the firewall
The EBC vacuum is also teed in the same spot as the wastegate

The profec B is switched for an External setup with 4 being down, 3 being up, 2 being up, and 1 being down.

Is this all correct? I still seem to be hitting cut around 14-15psi, and this spring is a 1 bar spring......is my routing correct or was I a dumbass somewhere?

What do you mean by your hitting cut?? Fuel cut??
 

·
2005 LP640
Joined
·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sound Performance said:
What do you mean by your hitting cut?? Fuel cut??
Yes, fuel cut........and like I said the car will go to 18-19 psi and then hit cut when it's nice and cold outside.......however I changed the setting on the profec b to external gate and we'll see how that goes, but I have a feeling that it's still not gonna open at 15........I fear I'll never hear the throaty sound of a wastegate opened. :(

Larry, do you offer Tial's with springs lower than a bar?.........this is getting ridiclous. My max boost will be 2 bar.......I don't exactly need an uber strong spring.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,271 Posts
87turbosupra said:
Yes, fuel cut........and like I said the car will go to 18-19 psi and then hit cut when it's nice and cold outside.......however I changed the setting on the profec b to external gate and we'll see how that goes, but I have a feeling that it's still not gonna open at 15........I fear I'll never hear the throaty sound of a wastegate opened. :(

Larry, do you offer Tial's with springs lower than a bar?.........this is getting ridiclous. My max boost will be 2 bar.......I don't exactly need an uber strong spring.


Try just running the wg single port with no boost controller just to make sure its working. Compressor port to side port only. That should give you base spring boost level.
 

·
2005 LP640
Joined
·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sound Performance said:
Try just running the wg single port with no boost controller just to make sure its working. Compressor port to side port only. That should give you base spring boost level.
So run a line from the compressor nipple to the side port on the wastegate ONLY? Because right now the EBC line goes to the top port on the wg (the one farthest from the downpipe and closest to the ground)
 

·
2005 LP640
Joined
·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got the wastegate to open and FUCKING HELL is it loud...........but it's only at 7-8psi. Larry told me it was a 1 bar wastegate spring.

What the hell is going on? I have absolutely no leaks, so no I/C leaks, etc.

The ONLY way the wastegate works is if I have a hose connected from the compressor nipple DIRECTLY to the side port of the wastegate.

Now how do I run THIS setup to make it run 15psi? :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,271 Posts
87turbosupra said:
Well I got the wastegate to open and FUCKING HELL is it loud...........but it's only at 7-8psi. Larry told me it was a 1 bar wastegate spring.

What the hell is going on? I have absolutely no leaks, so no I/C leaks, etc.

The ONLY way the wastegate works is if I have a hose connected from the compressor nipple DIRECTLY to the side port of the wastegate.

Now how do I run THIS setup to make it run 15psi? :D

Just do this, run the IN on the boost controller to the compressor nipple, run the out to the WG side port. Configure your boost controller for internal gate. This should work!

Lar
 

·
2005 LP640
Joined
·
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sound Performance said:
Just do this, run the IN on the boost controller to the compressor nipple, run the out to the WG side port. Configure your boost controller for internal gate. This should work!

Lar
Sweet I'm gonna go test it out once the car cools down.

Then I'm gonna go find me a MKIV :run:
 

·
when this baby hits 88mph
Joined
·
2,198 Posts
Sound Performance said:
Just do this, run the IN on the boost controller to the compressor nipple, run the out to the WG side port. Configure your boost controller for internal gate. This should work!

Lar
yes this will work just fine. thats how i had mine setup when i couldnt get it to work in wg mode. only problem with running in actuator mode is it will start to open up the gate sooner than it would in wg mode. it does this to avoid boost creep (it thinks you are using a small int gate that doesnt flow as much as an ext gate).
as far as the spring, they are all color coded. if you take the spring out you can easily tell what psi it is. be careful when you take the cap off, they are under a lot of pressure.

dave
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top