Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NA-T Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a lower intake runner from a member and it is a little different from the one I had before. The new one has a tube sticking straight up from the fuel injector seat area. The injector holes also seem to taper down, where as mine were smaller and skinnier I believe. Will this make a differece? Can I just cap the pipe sticking up? THANKS

BTW, My car is a 1995 SE. Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
you my friend just bought a lower intake runner from a car in the state of california.. yes you have... cali.. smog control..*special* design for cali cars.

·
NA-T Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What makes you say that. The injectors are supposedly different and will be a bitch to make seal with regular injectors. Looks like i'm going to need more o-rings..

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
cali-spec and obd2 cars have that weird lower intake. You can get regular top feed injectors to work, as long as you use the OBD2 injector o-rings. You can cap off that big vaccuum pipe (or I usually pull the pipe out and weld the hole up).

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
Yeah, I sold him the intake runner. I didn't know there was a difference either or I would have made sure he was buying the right one. That sucks man.

Why were you buying it anyways? Were you building up a NA, or replacing stuff, or getting the stuff polished?

And fellas, what is the deal with the blue top and brown top injectors, n stuff. How many other differences are there between the federal and cali NA's? O2 sensors are 4 wire on cali, and the headers are different and we have a rear o2 sensor, and blue top injectors, and more emission stuff like the pipe thing???

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
BTW, if you need any other parts to complete your project or anything to make it work like injectors then let me know. I sell them to you for pennies over shipping costs. Well, maybe dollars, but cheap. At the worst, you could sell that to get your Jackson back;)

·
NA-T Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My other intake manifold is being modified a bit :). I'm going to try to get these to seal with diff. o-rings first.

·
2JZ MKII
637 Posts
Hmm, i have one like that in the shop, cept it came pre ported for nitros, so I just need cali o-rings to make my injectors fit properly?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts