Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/1045265465.html

I am looking possibly buying this.

In my opinion it is way over prices and the car is basically all engine. It obviously needs some work such as rear fender and moldings. Also it needs interior work such as put the glove box back together, and seats or seat covers.

Do you guys think its worth fixing up? and how much do you think i should offer him.... i was thinking lik $3k

·
Registered
46 Posts
2800 pounds hahahahahaha wow try more like 3500 or more
32 mpg is like what a honda civic hybrid gets
I bet it runs 9's too .... forget about it

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
with 5500 dollars you can buy yourself a almost mint if not mint condition mk3 with a 7mgte..dont let the 1jz engine fool you.this guy seems like he mickeymoused through alot of it.up to you though

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
car look banged up and shitty in my opinion. Can't expect that much just for a 1jz swap, people must remember that, if it was still nice and clean, yeah maybe $5500 is fair......you can find something better and cheaper.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is exactly why i joined this forum. Thank you so much for the quick repsonse and being honest with me.

·
Hey man he was in my face
813 Posts
Looks like it should be in a junkyard, wiring is horrible lol. I would love for that car to park next to mine at a car show ;) I would have the nicest mk3 in the world...well at least it would look like it at the show.

·
Small pockets
347 Posts
asking way to much for it. the body is shit and would be way to costly to keep up. cleans bodys are key to the car be worth much.

come up and buy myn for 4k cad. :) plus its in much better condition :)

keep looking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I remember seeing that. Its def. terrible. I would not even bother giving him an offer. Just sad to see. Im looking for a MkIII now and as soon as i clicked on that one day on ebay i closed the screen.

I say stay away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah iv actually changed my strategy to just buying a MKIII and then a roller or one with a blown engine but decent body and doing it all myself. Basically all this guy has going for him is the engine with shitty wiring if i offered him anything it would be like $1000 and id tear the engine out and do it again

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the least he will take is $4000 because he says that with maybe $2000 worth of work the car will be worth 8k. He also states the car has a clean undercarrige with no rust which i find hard to beleive because of the rust on the body. HE also says that i could clean up the wiring myself... which im sure i could do but i dont think it should be necesary if i am paying $4000 for a vehicle...expecially an 87

1 - 19 of 19 Posts