Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to get this bolt off for sometime now.. i got the other side off no problem and i've tried everything, torch, PB blaster, Air rachet gun... It'll turn and everything, it just won't come out, i've smacked at the thing so hard for so long .... any ideas?

·
Registered
17 Posts
try an impact gun and a prybar using the prybar to push againist the blot while hitting it with the impact gun along with some kind of lube (ex. wd-40 or some other stuff)

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Use a cut-off wheel and cut it off just inside the bracket?

·
Registered
118 Posts
if you dident use the tourch till the bushing melteed away i would try that but the cut off wheel would also work

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
mobes said:
Use a cut-off wheel and cut it off just inside the bracket?
Yes, only way that worked for me. Too bad mine was x 8 :madjerk:

Make sure you get a decent diameter cutoff wheel so you can actually reach to cut all the way thru.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I vote big cutoff wheel as well. I'm guessing the bolt is seized to the metal sleeve part of the bushing, so they just spin together when you try to turn it.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i say that too. i did that once...i just took apart the whole craddle on the parts car...took it to the shop and torched it till the brackets melted. forget banging it. it'll never come out that way. cut off wheel is your best way right now.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
did you cut it?

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
Is that bolt for the alignment ??? If it is it might have an oval part on the center of the bolt that is hitting agains the bracket.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, i went and bought a new blade for my sawzall and I cut it out no problem. I had to cut the little black retainer things around the bolt off....not sure if those are really serious.... I've got it all put back together now and now my wheel touches my caliper or something, need to look into it tonight.... not sure what was touching but when i turn the wheel it grinds on something and has alot of friction.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts