my setup as follows
6 speed
stock bottom end
272 HKS cams adjustable cam gears
stock coils
AEM v1 (subject to change to something newer) UPDATE new ECU ECUMaster
850cc injectors
A1000 fuel pump
Pump + methanol injection ONLY. NO E85 UPDATE possibly new Meth pump and new Jet coming soon
3" downpipe UPDATE 4" inch down pipe
NO E85 i dont have it close by and i am not really interested in having barrels stored here cause i barely drive the car as it is.
Not interested in race gas i just wont ever use it.

My goal is to be at 625ish whp tops. For those highway pulls.

I would like to buy Borg Warner only
I really like what i have read about Borg Warner SXE line. I was hoping for S362sx-e but i am not sure if it will do the trick so please help me choose the right turbo

Old setup t70 turbonetics 575hp 21psi pump+meth fun to drive but i think it was lagy. The reason i say old setup is because it is 9 years old and i destroyed/broke the turbo (off the car by accident)

Trying to provide as much info about the car as i can so just tell me what you need to know so you can help me. I would like to hear from people that have done it using pump+meth.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
im gonna go ahead and just say it. pretty much any turbo around 67mm+ will hit 700 on pump/meth. my buddy just did it with a precision 6767, 0.96ar. 700whp on pump/meth and 830 or so on racing juice.

its been about a year or so since ive checked out what turbos these guys are goin apeshit for, but check out the precision turbos. 6266 (too small for you but savage), 6466, 6766, 7175. i also highly recommend just skimming through the threads here and checking out interesting setups. oops i just noticed you said 625whp. definitely check out the 6466 and 6766 turbos. craig bush was doing like 900whp with the 6766 with stroker block and ported head with e85. just crazy.

i suspect a 6466 will hit your goal with ridiculously fast spool.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I have a PTE6466 and made between 580 and 620whp on pump and meth with 24 to 27 psi boost... This was made on almost the same setup you have except BC272 cams

Great turbo and will support future mods if more power is wanted...

Ryan

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are wanting to go with a BW, do the S369.
Wouldn't 369 be an over kill. I am not looking to go up from here. I am more interested in drivability that's why I want the smaller turbo. You don't thing I can reach my goal with something smaller from BW?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyone seems to bee swearing by BW with their reliability so I'd like to stick with it for now. And I have seen someone here post that they hit 640whp on 24-25psi with 6466 on pump meth and stock motor. That's kinda why I was hoping I can get close to that on a smaller turbo from bw and since I already have cams.

I have read almost every thread with the word borg warner in it and the number are all over the board and mostly on e85 that I don't have.

im gonna go ahead and just say it. pretty much any turbo around 67mm+ will hit 700 on pump/meth. my buddy just did it with a precision 6767, 0.96ar. 700whp on pump/meth and 830 or so on racing juice.

its been about a year or so since ive checked out what turbos these guys are goin apeshit for, but check out the precision turbos. 6266 (too small for you but savage), 6466, 6766, 7175. i also highly recommend just skimming through the threads here and checking out interesting setups. oops i just noticed you said 625whp. definitely check out the 6466 and 6766 turbos. craig bush was doing like 900whp with the 6766 with stroker block and ported head with e85. just crazy.

i suspect a 6466 will hit your goal with ridiculously fast spool.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skipped right past ur post on my phone some how.
I looked in to your built thread and I see thats with a 6 speed too. I wonder how s364.5sxe would compare to 6466
I know from reading cast mani will help with faster spool but wouldn't you be able to make more power on tubular mani?

I have a PTE6466 and made between 580 and 620whp on pump and meth with 24 to 27 psi boost... This was made on almost the same setup you have except BC272 cams

Great turbo and will support future mods if more power is wanted...

Ryan

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Wouldn't 369 be an over kill. I am not looking to go up from here. I am more interested in drivability that's why I want the smaller turbo. You don't thing I can reach my goal with something smaller from BW?
Typically I would suggest the S366 as it is common and tested, inexpensive, reliable, and good for the street along with hitting that goal. But the S369 has similar spool characteristics (essentially the benefit of going smaller is for optimal spool anyway) and room for more if you ever want more power. It also does not cost much more than the S366. FWIW I made 540hp on pump gas/ stock cams/ no water meth on my S369. I'm sure I could gain a few hundred RPM of spool going smaller, but I would rather have the head room versus maxing out a turbo's potential. But if you have no intention on doing E85 in the future, it is probably an overkill for now.

If you decide not to go with a BW, the 6266 or maybe the 6062 (not much data right now) would be a good option as well.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?903377-Precision-new-turbo-PTE6062/page2&highlight=6266

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really appreciate every once help. Right now I am leaning towards faster spool over availability of big power later and if and only if I will have e85 in the future that will be my buffer for more power I don't think ill ever need 800hp car in my life but then I don't need 600 either I just want it to be there :)

Alos all my experience comes from a t70 that's probably 15 year old technology so maybe the new s366 will spool so much better that I might just be happy with that but I still think s366 is a bit of an over kill too.

any one ever try s364.5sx-e?

·
Registered
173 Posts
S362 or a similar SXE turbo would get you there..

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Skipped right past ur post on my phone some how.
I looked in to your built thread and I see thats with a 6 speed too. I wonder how s364.5sxe would compare to 6466
I know from reading cast mani will help with faster spool but wouldn't you be able to make more power on tubular mani?
Dunno if it will make more power but i can assure you that it did not disappoint. As you can see in my sig, the 6466 on a SPA manifold made 900+ with ease. The turbo spools very quick and it is a lot of fun on the street. Will a tubular manifold make slightly more power? Maybe... But i do not think it will be much difference in the 600whp mark.

Regarding reliability, my PTE has over 10,000 miles and never skipped a beat. I have heard of BW, PTE and Garrett turbos fail. It is a matter of what you afford. I can assure you that an S364 will not perform as good as a 6266Bb or 6466.. It will make less power and take longer to spool.

Ryan

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can someone explain how too read compressor flow charts AGP turbo has them on there website
S362sxe
http://www.agpturbo.com/borg-warner-s362sx-e-62-68-13009097056/
s364sxe
http://www.agpturbo.com/borg-warner-s364-5sx-e-64-5-68-13009097008/
s366sxe
http://www.agpturbo.com/borg-warner-s366sx-e-66-73-13009097049/

I hope its ok for me to post links to theses I have nothing to do with them just using then for info right now
they also have charts for the older s366
http://www.agpturbo.com/borg-warner-s366-s300sx3-s300-66-73-177281/

now I don't really know how to read these charts but just to compare side by side looks like the new s362sxe will out preform the older s366sx3????

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I don't wanna be that guy.... but I'd only be buying a borg if I was buying something crazy like an efr turbo. If you're talking regular turbos, PTE>borg, all day. Borg might ever so slightly outspool pte but you're talking like 50 rpm. Not 500, 50. The 50 additional hp the pte will make on the top end will make up for it.

And let the arguments commence!

Edit. don't get me wrong, either will get you to your goal but more is always better!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I get that either brand will get me there but what size turbo from borg warner will get me there? From what I am gathering 6466 is the ticket. So what compares to 6466 from sx-e line?
Pls correct me if i'm wrong - The SXE line are all Journal Bearing turbos. So it is not a fair comparison here. One turbo is $800 and the other is $1900. That said, you will need an EFR to compare to the 6466.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts