Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to stereo stuff.
I was thinking of getting the headunit made by Alpine the one that has that little screen the pops out but the price is too high.

So Im going to get just a regular CD one. Which one would you guys recomed.?
That is good quality and that also is really cool looking...

Also what is a good website to go look at some so that I can see what is out ther.

Thanks guys.... and if you can post a picture of it or a link it would be very appreciated....

:D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what's your price limit?
do you need mp3 playback?
do you need an internal amplifier on the HU itself?
or are you using external amps to power you speakers?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
$300 would be tops, but I hope I dont have to get to that much. I know is not much but that is all I got for that.... I don't need the MP3 playback...
As far as the other stuff Im going to change all the speakers in the car b/c they are all blown. and Im thinking of getting that "stealth sub-box" (3x6) from Nazar here at the forums so I guess that would need an external amp to power that correct?

Thanks for your help.

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Check out the new eclipse units. I just bought a 3403 for my truck and love it. Sound quality is excellent! It plays cd and mp3 discs, 2 pre-amp outputs, etc.. Get it installed by an authorized eclipse dealer and it bumps the standard 1 year warranty up to 3 years. Price should be right around $250 installed.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
get the MP3, you will LOVE it, TRUST ME

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those up there were the only ones that I found on that website that I thought were good and that look nice also for the price...

can you guys think of anything else...

·
silvermkiv
448 Posts
Yes, the ones you listed are flashy. But if you want it to sound good, the eclipse is the one you want. It's not as flashy as the others, but it is a leage above on functionality and sound quality.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for under $300, i would any of these over the sony or the panasonic:

alpine 9813 - also considered a superior HU for SQ. it's got a built in amp, plus 3 sets of 4v pre-outs. it's also XM ready, and plays mp3's.

eclipse 5423 - probably your best bet. this deck has excellent SQ. plus the advantage of higher 5 volt pre-outs. it also has a good internal amp if you need to power your front speakers off of it. it won't play mp3's though. and since nobody sells eclipse online, you'd have to buy it locally. average price is about $280-$300.

pioneer 7500 - also another good HU. the only thing i don't like about pioneer though, is they are a PIA to use. too many features and bells and whistles, that makes it hard to adjust the levels from song to song. but a good deck, nonetheless. you can pick it up HERE for $239.

hopes this helps narrow your search down a bit. and like i said, if it was me personally, i would go with the eclipse.
good luck!;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot man... I really like better the ones you showed me....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That website has some amazing prices.... that just what I need it...

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
The sony's really do look at night but I had nothing but trouble with mine skipping. . .sometimes even with brand new discs. If there were even little scratches. Switched over to a Kenwood Excelon MP3 unit and I love it!

Whatever you do get, go for an MP3 deck. It's well worth the money.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm a great fan of Alpine, Pioneer Premier and Kenwood Excelon Head units. I haven't messed with Eclipse but everyone raves about them.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am very happy with my [high spec] pioneer unit. Crutchfield.com is one of the best sites I know for finding and comparing car audio.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts