Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on what I want. I'm going to be hoping for 350-400whp with a 2jz holset turbo. My current tires are trash. I have generic Chinese tork black wheels. I want to do a slight drag and daily setup. Instead of aftermarket I'm debating on keeping my 18" on the front and get jeeps wrangler 15x8 with 275/50r15 nitto 555r versus getting 17x8 dodge charger wheels with 275/40r75. Do I really have any business getting a 15" or would the 17 hold that power fine on the street? 17s would be nice to have the right wheels front and rear but would love the purpose built looking 15s. Any suggestions? I've attached pics of both wheels, both have more than 5.5" backspacing.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I can't seem to find real information about the dodge wheel. Getting other sources saying it's 17x7 with 5x115 pattern now.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
gross ...neither !

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dodge ones wont' fit anyways. THe jeep ones are basically the same as weld drag lights as far as looks I'd likely paint them black anyways. I'm a mk3 supra guy not a mk4 baller, so I have to make due with what i can afford. I'm selling my Work Meister 3p for them and a set of tires. If I decide not to get either of those I'm looking at these:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/uwc-571-5866p/overview/

Would only be about 100$ more than the jeep wheels overall. The only thing I don't like about the 15s is I'll never be able to put a regular tire on it if I decide I can't afford the 555rs every othe ryear. I would have to run 255/60r15's or 275/60r15 which is a 28" tire.

At my powerlevel 28" would probably hurt too much. Also a bit of rubbing unless I got coilovers.

If I was balling I'd get me some Weld Racing RT-s S71 blacks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look at me Ballin~

Dad had a friend. Friend built like a 60000$ rx7. Friend went backward 90mph into a tree. Car compacted to half the size. He passed away later in the hospital. Friend parents gave dad car. Dad ended up selling most of it. Dad let me keep random parts too. Ballin on daddy's budget. Would you like me to link you to my ebay listing? They're on there for 699 for two 18x10s and also have a 18x12 for sale there too. :)

·
Resetting
1,666 Posts
How much for the 18x12? Could use a spare. Also what sizing?

·
Resetting
1,666 Posts
Also if I were you I'd keep those rears and save for fronts or keep an eye out on zilvia.net for a pair...

That or raise the price on those wheels...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sold the rears for 600. Have the 18x12 on ebay for 525 right now. They're nice wheels but it doesn' tmake a big difference to me honestly, I don't think they fit the care well to begin with. THey have smooth curves all the around, supra is boxy with curved out angles.

18x12 +24 offset.

Thinking I'm going to go with these for the rear:

15x8 5.5" Backspace and 240$ for the pair.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Those aren't too bad, I almost put something like that on my JZFC.. wouldn't have looked back either. Ultimately, I went with a street setup, 17x9 MB Battles and Yoko Sdrives. I would try to go 9 wide.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found another option that could work decent. And allow me to run 275/40r17 which is a much more common tire. Would allow me to run nt05s which would hold I think but would be more of an all around pick versus more drag oriented.

03 cobra wheels!

I'd probably spray em black though. Hard to decide I will have to sometime. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts