Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One cylander is at 85/185 (needs piston ring), so i figured i would either put in:

1. New NA short block and bore it out + NOS
or
2. New TT motor w/ turbo assembly, but can the trans handle it?

I can spend about***** 5K****** for NEW parts only, considering LABOR, are any of these options feasable? It would be awesome if you gave me some good ideas if you were me! What should I do?

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Think about it. Price an engine swap to get you ba ck on the road. An engine rebiuld? Do it with all hi po parts. A turbo swap ? 12k from powerhouse. The stock tranny may not last with a bpu turbo for long. Try to see this as an opportunity since you do have some cash. Most of us would be very lucky to blow an engine yet worry about their options with 5k in their hands! I'm sure you'll make the right decesion.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Hey Stabone,
Well those are some options but for 5k the TT motor is too open for game BUT i have seen them used for around that on partstrader.com every now and then. Anyhow you can do quite a bit with a built shortblock. I hear about some boys livin locally (or somewhat) with quite a bit of success with building shortblocks or NA motors. So either is a possible option i would watch partstrader.com for stuff.
Later

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
:) So, will it be the hipo shortblock? I'm real interested in the n/a's potential. Take a look at fusionSuprA. He has a damn good runnin' n/a. Turbos ARE GREAT! I just want to see the best a lightweight manual n/a can do!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts