Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Search
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to build a box in the back of my supra... I have an 89 Targa.

It needs to encorporate

JL 500/1
JL 300/4
JL W6V2
4 crossovers
The word SUPRA
An optima Redtop

and must retain the use of targa storage...

I'm planning on a little bit of glass and MDF... I want it to have a wow factor... someone opens the hatch and thinks... damn, that looks GOOD.

Building it is where I'm good at... designing it... HAH! :)

Please, all your ideas would be great. as soon as I get the cable for my camera I'm going to put up pictures of all the components and my trunk for someone to photoshop if they care too....

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Drop the woofer in the spare tire well. Build false floor and raise it 4"or so to flush the amplifiers. Mount one amp above the spare tire well and the other to the right above the gas tank. Cut holes in the floor so you can see the amps and replace the holes with plexi and you can have the SUPRA logo etched into the plexi. Throw some LED's or neon on the side of the plexi under the floor so the etching glows out when it lit.....thats option one :) (leave the crossovers in the door)

Option 2 - Do the same as above, but finish the false floor in vinyl and raise the supra logo underneath it

That all i can come up with for now - not very creative, but clean with a lil bling factor :) I'll think about it for a little bit and post some more ideas

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
...busting out Microsoft paint to help design ;)...

Chris, that's similar to what I'm going to do (minus the neon lights and supra logo) in my SC. False floor w/ flush mounted amps and sub down in the spare tire area.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
88supramkiii said:
...busting out Microsoft paint to help design ;)...

Chris, that's similar to what I'm going to do (minus the neon lights and supra logo) in my SC. False floor w/ flush mounted amps and sub down in the spare tire area.

Sweet! It'll give me an idea for my dad's SC! We did the neon/plexi thing in a viper and it turned out to be pretty cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts