Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
i just picked up my xtant 4180c and my diamond audio mac daddy components, 6 1/2" silk tweets, going tomorrow or tuesday to pick up 2 12" mac daddy diamond audio subs...anyone recommend a place to buy xtant amps?? I need 2 xtant 1001x amps!!! I wish they would hurry up and release the 2001x amp or is it already released?? Well let me know
thanks! :p:p:p:p

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i told you to hold on im working on it :D
Originally posted by mystic:
<STRONG>hey guys
i just picked up my xtant 4180c and my diamond audio mac daddy components, 6 1/2" silk tweets, going tomorrow or tuesday to pick up 2 12" mac daddy diamond audio subs...anyone recommend a place to buy xtant amps?? I need 2 xtant 1001x amps!!! I wish they would hurry up and release the 2001x amp or is it already released?? Well let me know
thanks! :p:p:p:p</STRONG>

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by RanGer498:
<STRONG>i told you to hold on im working on it :D
Originally posted by mystic:
[qb]hey guys
thanks! :p:p:p:p</STRONG>
[/QB]
heh just wanting to see what other peepz got to say ;) maybe they can beat your prices, is that possible? heheh
well hurry up your slow mofo ;)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Good taste in components.. nice to see some people who havnt been drawn into the crutfchfield level of stereo components... if you wanna do it right you gotta go with the good stuff! :D

Just to clarify things, Im not saying everything crutchfield sells sucks or anything, in fact some of its great.. but I like to see people using stuff u cant get anywhere but a reputable audio/video place.

[ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: pooshda ]

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by pooshda:
<STRONG>Good taste in components.. nice to see some people who havnt been drawn into the crutfchfield level of stereo components... if you wanna do it right you gotta go with the good stuff! :D

Just to clarify things, Im not saying everything crutchfield sells sucks or anything, in fact some of its great.. but I like to see people using stuff u cant get anywhere but a reputable audio/video place.

[ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: pooshda ]</STRONG>
heh well i have a good taste for car audio, i dont like crap. I think mbquarts suck balls, there highs are so damn loud and the only reason they do good at comps is cuz they hit the same frequency or whatever...diamond audio stuff is FANTASTIC, the reason not many places sell it is because diamond audio requires you to buy 20,000$ of merchandise first before you can carry there stuff...

i've got a place i know i can get my diamond audio mac daddy subs but cant seem to find an xtant 1001x. Im just going to go with one xtant 1001x for now to power 2 12's or maybe 2 10s?

I'm working out a deal on getting a monitor, 6 disk dvd changer, and one other item, but waiting on my friend to get back with the price on a certain piece so if i get that then i will have to hold out on the subs or amp for a little while... :( but i'd rather get a monitor and such now because its such a great deal ;)

well if you know anyone selling a used xtant 1001x please let me know :)

also i have a friend who sells car audio stuff, he sells the stuff for a little over wholesale, roughly 20-40$ over wholesale depending on product so if anyone needs any car audio let me know, for example kenwood z828 in crutchfield is like 620$, my friend was gonna sell it to me for 450$ but im trying to get this monitor and dvd player, etc deal...he carries almost everything besides like diamond audio, xtant, eclipse, etc
email me
[email protected] if you have any questions for want his email

thx
dave :)

N

·
0 Posts
i used mbquarts and liked them! are the dimonds that much better can you post pic on them or a wed site and how much would your pal charge me for a set of 61/2 for my supra?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by nosshot:
<STRONG>i used mbquarts and liked them! are the dimonds that much better can you post pic on them or a wed site and how much would your pal charge me for a set of 61/2 for my supra?</STRONG>
ok
i have the 6 1/2"s here for me, have yet to install them...

my friend can not get diamond audio but there is a place about 1 hour north of me that carries then, i will be heading up there soon *hopefully* to buy me two mac daddy 12's

If you could like me to buy you a set of diamond audio 6 1/2" hex component set I will glady do so

i am going to require the money first because i can not afford to be stuck with these

let me know what i can do for ya

as far as these being better than mbquarts, i think so and so do a lot of people who have tried diamnond audio components....

hope this helps
thnks
dave

M

·
0 Posts
I've got to vouch for the diamonds as well. I was just out listening to my stereo a few minutes ago. I've taken pictures of every step of my install process. Once I get them scanned in, I'll post them for ya'll. I've got the diamond hex 6.5 and silk tweets front and back, 2 12" hex mac daddy's, a mcintosh mc4000m (4x100 + 2 x 300 at 4ohms very conservatively rated) and MEQ451 (internal 6 band parametric eq), eclipe 55040 cd deck, and 5962 6 disc in dash changer. I reworked the factory door enclosures and grill covers with some fiberglass, MDF, etc.. The diamond tweets are in the factory dash location. It was a PITA, but they sound great. The rear components were fairly easy, with modded enclosures, and grill covers. The sub enclosure, and amp setup in the rear required the most time. There is also an optima marine deep cycle, 2ga wire, a 1 farad cap, and 60+ pounds of sound deadaning everywhere. I know I drifted a little off the subject, but had to vouch for the satisfaction of experiencing (and building) a high end system. Hope yours turns out well mystic.

M

·
0 Posts
BTW, for those that haven't heard the diamond hex's, here's how I think they compare to other seperates. First of all, stay away from any metal tweets(aluminum as in bostons(maybe they've gone to titanium?, or titanium as in quarts) I used to like the crisp, loud highs to counter loud bass, but no more. The highs with metal tweets are to harsh, and don't reproduce the human voice near as smoothly as a treated silk tweeter. You can get the diamond hex series with a silk or aluminum tweet. Get the silk. I would stay away from the lower end diamond stuff. Well maybe compare it to lesser expensive components, but don't even compare it to the hex series. The hex midbass and subwoofer cones are made of a carbon/kevlar material that is very light and rigid. The crossovers are very stout, using high quality components. The midbass speakers have large magnets and strong cast baskets, unlike many of the other "high end" components. The sound difference between the quarts and diamonds is huge. try to find a dealership ner you that has both and have them switch between the two. Quarts have a sharp tweet, and a lacking midbass. the diamonds, in comparison, have a very warm, accurate midbass, and smooth yet crisp silk tweeter. The human voice sounds real and warm, rather than hollow and reproduced. That said, there is much to personal opinion. I have had quart titaniums, soundstream references, focal kevlars and titaniums, vifa aluminums, ets.. at each time, I liked what I chose the best. After having experienced all of the aforementioned, I really have to endorse the diamonds. Good luck fitting the 6.5" in your doors behind the factory looking grills though :)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by mkivsupra:
<STRONG>BTW, for those that haven't heard the diamond hex's, here's how I think they compare to other seperates. First of all, stay away from any metal tweets(aluminum as in bostons(maybe they've gone to titanium?, or titanium as in quarts) I used to like the crisp, loud highs to counter loud bass, but no more. The highs with metal tweets are to harsh, and don't reproduce the human voice near as smoothly as a treated silk tweeter. You can get the diamond hex series with a silk or aluminum tweet. Get the silk. I would stay away from the lower end diamond stuff. Well maybe compare it to lesser expensive components, but don't even compare it to the hex series. The hex midbass and subwoofer cones are made of a carbon/kevlar material that is very light and rigid. The crossovers are very stout, using high quality components. The midbass speakers have large magnets and strong cast baskets, unlike many of the other "high end" components. The sound difference between the quarts and diamonds is huge. try to find a dealership ner you that has both and have them switch between the two. Quarts have a sharp tweet, and a lacking midbass. the diamonds, in comparison, have a very warm, accurate midbass, and smooth yet crisp silk tweeter. The human voice sounds real and warm, rather than hollow and reproduced. That said, there is much to personal opinion. I have had quart titaniums, soundstream references, focal kevlars and titaniums, vifa aluminums, ets.. at each time, I liked what I chose the best. After having experienced all of the aforementioned, I really have to endorse the diamonds. Good luck fitting the 6.5" in your doors behind the factory looking grills though :)</STRONG>
thank you for that write up...i agree 100% with you. The diamond audio hex line is very awesome, i would not get anything else ;) I cant stand mbquarts because there tweets are just so high pitched or what not but the hex set by diamond audio especially silk tweeters sound great!!! i recommend them highly

Also how much did you pay for your mac dadys? Im paying 259$ for a 12". I'm going with 2 12's, xtant 4180c, xtant 1001x for the subs, until i can afford 2 xtant 1001x, one will be for each sub.

I'm working out a deal now as we speak to get the pioneer indash monitor with cd player, 6 disk dvd changer, and one other piece so if i get these the xtant 1001x amp will have to hold off and I will get the subs and have everything except for the xtant 1001x but I should be able to buy in a few weeks....

I'd not worry about getting the monitor and dvd player and such but its a great deal for myself. I could definately get these and sell somewhere else and make some good cash... ;) but i think i will keep it unless the new kenwood lineup is as great as many people say it is. Kenwoods lineup seems really good, supports .mp3, touch screen, gps comming out, dvd, etc so who knows :)

well please get some pictures of everything. I bought my hex set used, i wanted specifically 1998 hex set as after that diamond audio stuff was made in a diff country and I do not believe they sound better than 98+ models. I have to go pickup my crossovers tonight and i do not have any girls. Once i got get my supra I hope i have no problem fitting these into the car.....

I've only got one set of hex set, but I will probley get another once i purchase my supra

well have a good one, cant wait for pictures!!!

thanks

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by DiscountMobilElectronics:
<STRONG>Check us out, whats not there we can try to get a hold of for you. :)
www.DiscountMobilElectronics.com</STRONG>
fantastic :)
what kinda prices you offer on xtant 1001x? And diamond audio mac daddy 12"s?
sucks your in orlando, now i will have to pay shipping and tax, poop :(
lemme know about those prices though...
thanks
dave

D

·
0 Posts
Hey in case you didnt see my other posts I can help you on the Xtant amps. :) W/B for details.

·
Registered
639 Posts
1001X CONNECTION!!!!

www.sounddomain.com

They have new 1001X for $999 (full retail) OR A REFURB model which is one I bought for $379.. Yes $379.. I also picked up a 604X and the refurbs offer 30 day warranty.. Sound Domain is AUTHORIZED Xtant online Retailer... Hope this helps.. Cheapest price I've seen and comes with plastic on cover so usually NO scratches!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts