Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, ive got my 01 is300 ready for the frame shop and needed it to be running to get it up on the rack. I had just replaced the cylinder head.
So it started right up smooth to 2k rpms and when it goes to calm down it goes too low and idles like pure crap, spuddering, lil bit of missing and stalls. I can pump the pedal and keep it alive ok but i doubt the car will drive like this, its pretty bad.
I checked the timming and everything lines up fine, i put the motor back together using the tis, same manual the dealer techs use and am sure i installed the vvti cam correctly. I tried reseting the ecu with no avail AND found no vacume leaks. Ive had three motors in and out of my mk3 with not a single problem on start up and am lost here.
Is there ANYTHING silly i couldve screwed up like people do with the cps getting it 180deg. out of time on the 7m's just for example??? If it matters no accesories are hooked (no belt) up yet and the lights, radiator and condensor are'nt in either. Im going to tear back down now and see if theres anything i couldve missed. Any help will be loved, thanks alot for the time.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You said you replaced the head I assume you checked the shims? With no alt do you have enough voltage at the batt? Could be a million things but that's some simple one's to start

Goodluck!

·
Espresso Connoisseur
1,636 Posts
Obvious question, but...any check engine codes come up?

Check the output on all your sensors...MAF being one of the important ones.

Also, are there any ways to reset your drive-by-wire adjustment? I know on my 350z, you have to recalibrate it if you let it hit something too hard. I had an IS300 a long time ago...I know it has drive by wire, but I believe it might've had a TPS as well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts