Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
JZ Enthusiast
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i bouth New K&N Air filter so here is the problem ..
I used to use regular small cheap air filter but now when i bouth this K&N Long one i really dunno what to do it dosent fit in the stock filter location !
So i went to pipes shop and told them to Do 3" pip from air flow meter and throw the filter oppsite the ic !!!
so then i thouth its not a good idea cuz its oppsite the IC so guys do u know another better place to drope it ?? so here is why i am asking u guys what shall i do ?
thanks

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
mmmmmm stand alone

how much longer is it? you could try widening the snorkel hole....

I don't know though.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Dude, It is really hard to read your posts, can you clean it up a little?
Anyways, my K&N is about 6 inches long. I went to a speed shop, and I test fitted a bunch of K&N's to find out the largest one I could fit, without modification. I suggest you try the same.

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
Supra_Dre said:
yeah i dont know why K&N made longer, skinnier filters....was that supposed to improve it?
K&N as a bunch of universal filter. They have like 6 pages and probably more of universal filters in there catalog, all kinds of style, lenght, diameter, coupling diameter etc.

Just take back the too long filter you have and select the best one that fit's your application.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Order online?

W

·
0 Posts
bahraini_zupra said:
duuh bad news the filters the shop sells dosent have any smaller filter this one is the smallest k&n :(
Tell me guys what to do its 10 9 inch tall !?
before on this board i saw a guy throw his k&n inside the bumper any ideas ?
thanks guys
10 9 inch tall???????

a filter outside the bumper?? WTF are you sayin dude?

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
route a pipe through ur snorkel hole and aim the filter downwards to sit behind ur fog light!

here is my intake......

its very simple! just cut a larger hole in the snorkel hole opening! get a 3-4" inch pipe through there with a semi 90degree bend and on the end of it slap on a filter!

W

·
0 Posts
hey nick... nice intake setup.. but why is spearco upsidedown on your i/c in that last pic.. lol

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
thats just how it is! unless the openings were on the other side of the supra, both logos on each side would be right side up! but since therre not! this is the outcome! :p

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
not a bad idea there nick, notice any differance, in performance, or sound?

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
i couldnt tell u. i did this last year and form what i vaguely remmeber i DID notice the sucking noise volume turned up! :D with the fog lights gone im sure im sucking in ALOT more air then one in the engine bay would! even that dryer duct mod doesnt seem as beneficial as sticking the intake "BAM" right at the source! :cool:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Dude, bahraini_zupra, dont double post like that, use the edit button. and please clean up your posts. they don't make sense.:rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts