Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems with my front suspension. All I can say is that the car loves to wander from side to side when trying to go straight. I also sometimes hear a somewhat louder-than-normal clunk when going over bumps or potholes.

I was thinking maybe it's a ball joint or possibly sway bar? :dunno:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When checking the ball joints, should I have the tire jacked in the air, or should there be some weight on the suspension? Also, is asmall amount of play OK, or should it be nice and tight?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah , jack the car in the air and with one hand at the top of the wheel and the other at the bottom , try to rock the wheel , a tiny amount of free play is acceptable but ideally there should be none.
If you can feeel play there and are not sure if its the wheel bearings , have someone put there foot on the brake , as if its the wheel bearing thats worn the play will stop when the brake is applied

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
intense3123 said:
I've been having problems with my front suspension. All I can say is that the car loves to wander from side to side when trying to go straight. I also sometimes hear a somewhat louder-than-normal clunk when going over bumps or potholes.

I was thinking maybe it's a ball joint or possibly sway bar? :dunno:

try to get an alignment and theyll tell you. that narrows it down a SHITLOAD.

C

·
0 Posts
I had the exact same problem. Check your steering rack and make sure its located properly. Mine was missing a bolt (there are two holding it in) and it did some spooky shit. This would be a bad thing to fail completely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts