Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys...its about time for me to do some mods and was wondering in which order i should get them. car is 89 turbo with a cometic HG installed with ARPs and car has been driven close to 2000 miles w/o any major problems. only problem is cold idle, when car is warming up in da morning idle is rough but smooths out as car is warmed up....car has K&N filter, 3" turbo back exhaust, hardpipes lower and upper, BOV, Blitz EBC.....i want to be running a little higher boost as i occasionly set the EBC to 10 psi on some nights...

well i'm thinking about getting several things next - Walbro, MAF, MAFT?, AFC? wideband....? FMIC? injectors? i know i will need to do some fuel mods so what should i get first? lets say i,m on a budget about 1000-1500...is that enough to purhcase all that? i also want to go bigger turbo later on too. i have extra $$$ but i don't want to spend it on mods as other parts of the supra might break :)

so any suggestions on what to get ? i'm thinking about getting walbro, MAFT, injectors, AFC, then IC?

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
first thing i would do is get rid of that tired stock fuel pump.
then a wideband to see where you are as far as tune and its an invaluable monitor for future tuning.

the next step can go a bunch of diff ways. lex/afc, maft, or maft/afc. maft would be the cheapest and does have adjustability, but not as much as the afc. if you wanted finer adjustments the cheaper route would be lex/afc. i think ideal would be the maft/afc but thats eating into your budget. just sev diff ways of doing the same thing.

other mods i would consider would be getting rid of the fpd by running ss line from the junction block directly to the rail and also bypassing the j tube on the return side. an afpr would be helpful too, but for a stock turbo and modest boost i think thats further down the line along w/ injectors.

dave

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more suggestions?

btw what happen to the thread on maft on supramania? can anyone send some links to me about that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts