Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went to Streets of willow today and the car ran good and hard. After i was done and was driving home my oil light comes on..... so i pull over and the car was smoking a bit because all the oil leaked out. So what could it be? Heres the info.

No wierd noises came from the car. everything ran fine and sounded great. No smoking through exhaust either. I looked under the car and everything is covered in oil. I looked in the motor compartment and i can notice oil all over the bottom half of the timing cover near the crank. So i figure it came from inside where the timing belt is... Any ideas on what it could be?

Im gonna look at it tomorrow so any ideas would be great.

Oil seems to be coming from the middle front of the engine.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice thanks guys. is that something that i can replace on my own? or should i take it to someone to replace it? Also is this a common problem?

· TH400 Club
936 Posts
There is a lot of writeups on the FMS, and what a pain it can be. I dont know what your skill level is with cars so I can not comment on if you should take it somewhere. Even if you cant turn a wrench, I would say find someone local who has done it before and pay them with food and beer. :)

· Banned
666 Posts
Saleen00_227 said:
Nice thanks guys. is that something that i can replace on my own? or should i take it to someone to replace it? Also is this a common problem?
The FMS is easy to replace if you don't mind taking the timing belt and timing belt cover off and take the crank pulley off, which is the hardest part of it all. It will cost about $500 for a shop or Toyota to do it.

Yes this is a very common problem, mine busted at just over 112k.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha, ya i do wrench a lot and ill look up the write ups......but from the sound of it. i don't feel like doing it. THANKS AGAIN!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.