Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have 13k cash and can probably fudge either way....i dont want to have a car payment, because in 1.5 years i'm buying a skyline from a home equity loan

anyways i am looking for something that is RELIABLE is a must, but i would like it to look good

I have owned 10 supras, 3 mr2's, celica all-tracs, dsm's, infiniti q45....anyways have had 42 cars...I'm 21 and graduating college tripple major, double minor and would like something to hold me over until the new skylines come out

I would like a good amount of umph....dosnt have to be 400hp but above 200 would be nice, i want a car that will handel high speed runs 140+

i have no clue where to look, i have been soley focused on school these last 4 years i'm almost retarted to what i can buy.....

any help would be appreciated

david

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
GPTourer said:
LS1 F-body.
Pretty much spells it out. There's plenty to choose from and prices are more reasonable than many sports cars out there considering the capabilities. It's not a Toyota 4-cyl. sedan in reliability but the combination of price and newness one can get for $13k means a lot of people are satisfied enough with LS1 f-body dependability (excluding seriously modded f-bodies).

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure if thats my cup of tea, I was looking at audi a8's a6's with 4.2 v8, Supercharged Jags, and 200-2002 jags

i'll do some reading on those ls1 f-bodys tonite, might my ideas on them...i just never liked those front ends

thanks for ideas, keep em comming
david

·
Ex MKIV Owner
329 Posts
David_rg79 said:
ok? i dont quite get the point...there is no cars for sale in there, and the car spoken about never came to the states
S14 w/ tiny little turbo will get you 200+ whp
get some wheels, paint, and a clean bodykit to make it look more like the s15= 13k

·
<.>
343 Posts
David_rg79 said:
I have owned 10 supras, 3 mr2's, celica all-tracs, dsm's, infiniti q45....anyways have had 42 cars...I'm 21 and graduating college tripple major, double minor and would like something to hold me over until the new skylines come out
You're only 21 and have already owned 42 cars :nervous: ?!! Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get a triple major in college in such a short time and age as well? With that kind of background, you should be able to find a car for 13k on your own from personal experience.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
redspencer said:
You're only 21 and have already owned 42 cars :nervous: ?!! Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get a triple major in college in such a short time and age as well? With that kind of background, you should be able to find a car for 13k on your own from personal experience.
My school offers many diffrent majors, and you are supposed to choose one

I took 19-26 credits a term 3 terms a year for 4 years

I have 3 diffrent business majors, International Business, Management, and Marketing

I have 2 minors, English and Mandarin

I have never had any luxary cars, besides the q45 and a 318is, i am really looking for a newer jag, or mercedes or audi

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I'd say something like a CL or TL as well. The tranny thing should have been fixed by now on any of them that would have had that issue. My girl has a CL type S and it's been great.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RedBeauty84ZX said:
300zx Tt.
I'm really looking for someone who has first hand experiance with a good car

how does 300zx overall build quiality stand

I found a legalized silvia with a nicely swapped rb25 for 9k....

I'm a leaf in the wind when it comes to buying cars...i would like a newer jag, but also would like a rhd car....idk

thanks for everyones help

·
Banned
381 Posts
David_rg79 said:
I'm really looking for someone who has first hand experiance with a good car

how does 300zx overall build quiality stand

I found a legalized silvia with a nicely swapped rb25 for 9k....

I'm a leaf in the wind when it comes to buying cars...i would like a newer jag, but also would like a rhd car....idk

thanks for everyones help

Build quality is great on the Z.

·
Registered
648 Posts
i would say the type of tt-z you'd pick up for 13k, yeah it would be good as far as reliability. the tt-z you pick up for 8k, not so good. go for the finest latest model and lowest mileage example you can find or you will be sorry. it gets really hot under that cramped hood and the hoses tend to get so brittle from the heat and are cracking left and right on older zs.

·
Banned
381 Posts
cds01 said:
i would say the type of tt-z you'd pick up for 13k, yeah it would be good as far as reliability. the tt-z you pick up for 8k, not so good. go for the finest latest model and lowest mileage example you can find or you will be sorry. it gets really hot under that cramped hood and the hoses tend to get so brittle from the heat and are cracking left and right on older zs.
Yup.

·
<.>
343 Posts
David_rg79 said:
My school offers many diffrent majors, and you are supposed to choose one

I took 19-26 credits a term 3 terms a year for 4 years

I have 3 diffrent business majors, International Business, Management, and Marketing

I have 2 minors, English and Mandarin

I have never had any luxary cars, besides the q45 and a 318is, i am really looking for a newer jag, or mercedes or audi
Wow, congrates on your hard work in school, that is a lot of credit hours a year to dedicate yourself to. :) Take a break when you graduate, lol.

~Chris

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
redspencer said:
Wow, congrates on your hard work in school, that is a lot of credit hours a year to dedicate yourself to. :) Take a break when you graduate, lol.

~Chris
thank you, i wish my parents would say that...they think i'm a lazy college student...but then again they never went to college

I'm actually already treating myself to a break....I am finishing up my senior year right now in the virgin islands :)

flyback to the states may 8th

david

about the z's....how strong are they if i purchase a modded one? like buying a supra even if someone has flogged it, it will still be a great car

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got a 1997 jag with 68k miles...supercharged I6 4.0L...22mpg in town 29-30 on the highway

330hp 380tq @12psi....going to put a pully kit on an run 16-17psi...lol should be around 400hp 450tq...hopefully

oh and for 9k...car is awesome

thanks all

david

1 - 20 of 26 Posts