Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok my original post is in the bottom.

heres my main question.

HOW do i hook up the middle hose when the nipple on top of the wastegate is a closed nipple?

ALSO

CAN I connect the middle hose about a foot away from the IC?
the since the turbo has an extention pipe that is welded so ill be much easier to tap it there than in the extention in the turbo. :madjerk:

sportinct26 said:
ok so i figured this out once in my old 87 supra. but that was with stock turbo.

now i have a t78 turbo with external wastegate.

so far i have no problem with the wiring that was simple.

i have trouble with teh two that goes to the turbo and the wasgate.

1. i connect the left hose to the side of the hks 50mm wastegate.
2. i connect the right one to the little niple on the side of the intake manifold(next to the firewall of the driver side)

now the middle one is where im stuck...

it said to connect to the turbo nipple and the bottom of the wasgate.

BUT the bottom of the wasgate DONT HAVE AN OPEN NIPPLE.
^^ do i have to remove the close one and replace with an open nipple?

the second problem is the TURBO DONT HAVE the nipple aswheel. :scratch:

can i drill in the IC pipes before the IC?

ALSO IF i can replace the close nipple of the bottom of the wasgate with an open one can i just use that ONLY? or do i have to have both?

lmk thx

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
hmmm, i was going to say to plug them in on the wastegate actuator and then the nipple that comes out on the outbound air towards the intercooler, but I'm stumpped on this situation. There's 3 hoses for you to connect right? One to the wastegate, one to the outbound air from the turbo and one to the intake manifold for pressure measurement. At least, that's what I have on my stock setup with a HKS EZ II boost controller.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tsupraspeed said:
hmmm, i was going to say to plug them in on the wastegate actuator and then the nipple that comes out on the outbound air towards the intercooler, but I'm stumpped on this situation. There's 3 hoses for you to connect right? One to the wastegate, one to the outbound air from the turbo and one to the intake manifold for pressure measurement. At least, that's what I have on my stock setup with a HKS EZ II boost controller.
yeah with the stock setup that was it. but with the external its wierder or more confusing... :scratch:

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey if you don't have the instructions, you can get the instructions for the EVC IV on hks's website in the faq section.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aznwilliam said:
hey if you don't have the instructions, you can get the instructions for the EVC IV on hks's website in the faq section.

:faint: did you read my first post at all?

i have the instruction but i dont have the turbo comp. or the wasgate nipple thing. :wtcslap:

·
Registered
34 Posts
You have to connect the middle port to the top of the wastegate and the left port to the side of the wastegate and a pressure source. drilling the ic pipe will work too.

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ha ha ha yeah i know where its supose to go...

my question is WHAT DO I DO SINCE THE TOP OF THE WASGATE AND THE TURBO DONT HAVE A NIPPLE FOR VACUMME?

edited main post lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts