Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so do you guys know if a 89-92 lip fits a 87 mkiii?? im pretty sure it does, i just wanna know if anyone has tried it? thanks

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
no it doesnt. sorry man!

·
Registered
14 Posts
it actually does, but its not perfect. I have an 88 supra and I had no choice at one point but to buy the bomex front lip for the 89+. It was fiberglass and I had very little give to work with. Basically the 89+ is wider on the ends. Our earlier model has narrower sides. I just basically screwed the very ends on the ends of the bumper and just mated it up from there. It looked awesome though. I know that if you are looking for a bomb ass looking lip, carbon fibre FX has a cool lookin' carbon fiber lip made for the 86-88 models. Talk to Duane and he'll hook u up. Tell him Junior from Seattle referred you.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
it actually does, but its not perfect. I have an 88 supra and I had no choice at one point but to buy the bomex front lip for the 89+. It was fiberglass and I had very little give to work with. Basically the 89+ is wider on the ends. Our earlier model has narrower sides. I just basically screwed the very ends on the ends of the bumper and just mated it up from there. It looked awesome though. I know that if you are looking for a bomb ass looking lip, carbon fibre FX has a cool lookin' carbon fiber lip made for the 86-88 models. Talk to Duane and he'll hook u up. Tell him Junior from Seattle referred you.
so in other words it doesnt fit. you made it fit which isnt what the thread starter was asking about. the 89+ and pre89 bumpers have different profiles and the lips are different (they dont directly bolt on back and forth)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey, I'm just trying to help out the guy. He basically wanted to know if anyone has tried it and I have. You, on the other hand, posted a reply that doesn't even help out the guy in any way shape or form. Your reply came out from nowhere. Stop being such an anal person and the nexttime you post a reply, say something helpful to the guy or say nothing at all. I just don't understand why some people on forums have to be like that. I know this reply doesn't really help you out, MAsterLee, but I had to redeem myself.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
? theres not need to redeem yourself. you tried it and after some work got it to fit. it doesnt bolt up, and wasnt made for the body style. there are reason that CFX and shineauto make lips for 89+ and seperate ones for the pre89.

its like saying you can fit a t4 turbo on the stock manifold. can it bolt on? no but with woke (and a proper adaptor) it can be made to fit. this was the point i was trying to make, not trying to be anal.

ps. i have tried this already with my brother's pre89 and my post89 and it didnt work out. just an fyi

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
they make TONS of supra stuff...

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
dude u guys, i thought i made it clear. my guy Brian MADE THE BOMEX 2 HOLE LIPS TO FIT THE 86.5-88 BUMPERS !!!

again.... brian owns CarFashionOnline and got him to make bomex 2 hole lips for pre 89 MK3's!!!! u can only get them from him! i dont know if i can release pricing (VERY cheap)and his full infomation here but PM me if u are intrested (Group Buy for them going on another forum). we have a bunch just lying in the shop ready to ship in black fiberglass.

bolts right up!! :cool:

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
shine also makes a lip for the pre-89's, and it's not the bomex 2 hole lip...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts