Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in the lexus afm, 550cc injectors, and a walbro 255 fuel pump and now my car leaks gas by the exhaust manifold next to the turbo. Here is a picture it is coming out of them holes and also dumping out of the muffler. Is it just running rich?
Please help ASAP

http://tinypic.com/4t4i12

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Is it missfiring?

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Brady89 said:
I just put in the lexus afm, 550cc injectors, and a walbro 255 fuel pump and now my car leaks gas by the exhaust manifold next to the turbo. Here is a picture it is coming out of them holes and also dumping out of the muffler.
Is it just running rich?
Please help ASAP

:stickpoke Fuel is on the other side of the engine that pic shows a exhaust gas leak

Is it just running rich?
Yup

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the fuel is on the other side but gas is still dumping out of it.

Ckanderson- No its not missfiring it runs ands starts up perfect except it is dumping fuel out.

What should I do??

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also I have a safc but am going to get it installed tuesday hopefully. Will this help or no.

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
Brady89 said:
I know EXHAUST gas is still dumping out of it.
Fix it :bigthumb:

Have you bypassed the J Tube :x:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I have only has this problem if i was missfiring... with my 550's and a lex I never had fuel tuning problems. wierd... it seems that some do, and some dont... good luck!

·
Registered
454 Posts
If you have fuel coming out the exhaust side of the motor then its running rich -- pretty simple really. Theres no fuel lines running on that side of the motor, so if fuel is coming out its uncombusted fuel that has already gone through the combustion cycle(you're running rich). Install the safc, lean it out, get a wideband or throw the car on a dyno and you'll figure it out.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
I'd be really concerned if there was fuel dripping onto my exhaust manifold and out of my muffler. Perhaps the diaphram in the pressure regulator has burst.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I only ran the car for like 10 seconds a couple of time to try and pinpoint the problem so I dont think the problem could be with the fuel pressure regulator.
I just removed the j restriction and it still is pooring out.
Please help with this problem again fuel keeps coming out of these holes in the exhaust manifold by the turbo.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
The car doesn't even have to be running for the regulator to break. Pull the vacuum line off and turn they key on. If the regulator burst, fuel will pour out the top of the regulator.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
chevyeater-on-sf

Do you mean the fuel line on the regulator or do you mean the vaccum line?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did that and nothing seem to happen, any other ideas Im starting to believe that its running really rich but still I have never seen fuel come out of the manifold like this.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
with the car off:

in the diag block jumper Fp and B+
that will run the fuel pump. check for leaks then.

dave

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
I hope you ride with a fire extingisher, (bad spelling sorry) Fuel on hot manifold = fire.

~scott

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
WTF are those little holes???? I've Never noticed those on mine when i took my manifold off. ill deffinatly have to look to see those when i get my car back.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A little up date as I have been out of town for a few days not in the supra of course. But I still have not fixed this problem. I really need to figure this out I talked to about five people around here a couple who tunes cars and they said theres no way that fuel would be coming out of there just by running rich. I have my safc in now but still have this problem. I am going to replace the manifold gasket does anyone think this is my problem?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Brady89 said:
A little up date as I have been out of town for a few days not in the supra of course. But I still have not fixed this problem. I really need to figure this out I talked to about five people around here a couple who tunes cars and they said theres no way that fuel would be coming out of there just by running rich. I have my safc in now but still have this problem. I am going to replace the manifold gasket does anyone think this is my problem?
Even after reading your replies I'm still confused. Do you have exhaust gas coming out or raw fuel? Each time you reply I get more confused. Sorry.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts