Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pulling my 7m out and it doesnt want to separate from the transmission i know all the bolts are out because its off about 1/2 inch but it wont come out anymore so is there some trick to it?
oh and everything IS disconnected

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
go under the car and twist and play with the tranny...or try jacking up the tranny

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
is this a 5 speed or a auto?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
As long as you are absolutely sure everything is disconnected, just keep wiggling and shaking it until it comes out. If it's never been removed, it's going to take A LOT of elbow grease to get it outta there. Shake it right and left while pulling backwards and it will eventually pop out.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
AHHHH. Did you remove the clutch fork? If not, then the trans will NOT seperate from the engine.

Without removing the fork you can pull the trans off, like you said 1/2inch or so. But it WONT come fully off until you pull off the clutch fork.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First time i pulled my motor I swore we had all the bolts out... but sure enough those top two bolts on the very top, the ones that i don't think anyone can get to without majic or pulling the motor anyway. Those bolts are deceitful!!!

·
Search
3,305 Posts
^^^ What DrJones said... When I pulled my engine out I pulled it with the tranny attatched... it was very easy, i wouldn't want to even try pulling it with the transmission attatched

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
drjonez said:
they're not that hard to get out- a bunch of extensions + a swivel will do the trick.
I Swear you have devil majic working on your side :) but when i did it, there wasnt even a cm to fit something in there to get those bolts... but i trust your word over mine!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts