Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright guys i need your help , i have a 88 n/a supra , it misses as it idels and as i accelerate, it has new spark plugs, new ngk wires, cap, rotor, coil , the dam thing sounds like a lawn mower , when it idels it ...it sounds like it "PUTS". i allready removed all the water and fluids form around the sparkplugs and all thet stuff, and it still has the same problem . what could this be ?

thanks jason

·
Registered
479 Posts
maybe your one tooth of on timing.. have you pull the distributer out and put it back in? but set it correctly for the approiate timing mark?

·
Registered
730 Posts
check the seals on the distributor itself...if not the timing issue maybe its just the good ole wet distributor issue...
also...since you had water around the plugs...i would leave it open for a while just to make sure its all dry...i got some water in that gulley before...thought i had it dry...still misfired
left it open for a week while i was at school then hit it with some compressed air (plugs were still in because i didnt want the water falling into the cylinder)...felt like new
any little bit of water in there will make you misfire

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok , thanks guys for your help , turns out that it was a combination of the water above cyl#1 and the spark plug, cyl 1 wasn't fireing at all, thanks for your help

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Im having same problem with my car, RScott seems he has it nailed, maybe that will be the answer to my problems.

Oh yeah.. and another thing.. would I be better off taking the caps off the plugs or leaving them on there?

·
Registered
730 Posts
leave the plugs in to avoid water in the cylinder...it will burn off in there if you do pull them out but id rather avoid that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts