Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
"BLACKOUT"
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 87 1ggte i sold it but recently got it back. any way when you drive the car and you give it alot of gas it will shut off when you shift between gears. you cant drop the clutch to restart it you can give it gas or anything i know its not fuel cut and itmainly does this when it s hot outside.
the only way you can get the car going again is to bump the ign. switch and it will take off. i need help with this one.

·
"BLACKOUT"
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i dont have a bov at all they didnt come stock with one. i have another afm i'll try that.

·
Addicted to Boost
336 Posts
hey dude..check your wires and stuffs and maybe the distributer>?

·
Registered
30 Posts
same problem before

I had a very simular problem 6 months ago with my 1ggte. It was all good until you crammed the gas and it would have a loss of power imediatly and sputter real bad like it was going to die. It ended up being 2 things. One sparkplug was bad and that cylinder would get flooded and the other was a vaccumm leak from the hose attached to the fuel rail. (I have a jap version so Im not sure if this will all apply) When I crammed the gas the rail would empty and the car would barely get enough fuel to keep running. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts