Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NOSUP4U
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently installed the Apexi SAFC 2 on my car and I need help with the tuning of it. I am looking for either somebody local to help me tune it or if anybody knows of any shops near Charlotte that they would trust to tune it, please let me know. I set both the Hi-throttle and Lo-throttle to 0% and did everything I could find from other guys setting, but their is still a slight miss and the idle is not correct. I need to get this fixed ASAP, so any help is appreciated.
My car is a 93 Na Auto w/ just the Apexi N1 exhaust.
Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
-Go to [main] ~>[setting] ~> [3. TH-Point] ~> [Lo-94, Hi-95]

-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [1. Sensor Type] ~> [1. Hot-Wire] ~> [in-12, Out-12] ~> [in-1, Out-1]

-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [2. Car Select] ~> [Cyl:6, Thr: UP]

-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [3. Graph scale] ~> [Ne = 7000rpm]

[Ne-POINT = 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5500, 6000, 6500, 7000]

Greg,
Check to make sure its set up like that.....

Jason

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
Everything is good above but on a 93 Auto n/a your sensor type will be KARMAN.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Rocky28072 said:
Everything is good above but on a 93 Auto n/a your sensor type will be KARMAN.
I wonder if thats the problem? My car with the VPC/S-AFC runs just like stock IMO....just a little faster :bigthumb:

·
NOSUP4U
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jason, but I believe those settings are for the Twin-turbo, not the NA. I could be wrong and I will try those settings tomorrow and let u know if it works.

·
2JZ NA-T
5,412 Posts
damn greg, when did u buy it and for how much if u dont mind? lol , i just sold mine, gona be droping it off next week i hope, how far away from charlotte are you? i can give you a VERY VERY good place to go, P1 AUTOS 150 Marvin Road, Jack Harris is the name of the tuner, number is (803) 396-3800, he is amazing, he tuned my safcii and will soon be tuning my AEM that i just put in, leme know how it goes and if u need directions. good luck bro

·
NOSUP4U
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I picked it up used off ebay for $156 shipped to my door. Thanks Alot for the help, I will def be giving him a call.

·
NOSUP4U
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys!!! Ended up going to P1 Auto at Romans advice and got it tuned. I made 190 RWHP @ 6300 RPM and 172.2 TQ @ 2,400. Really low tq RPM??? Anyways I am very pleased with the result as my car is a 93 NA AUTO w/ just an Apexi catback and SAFC II.

·
Registered
368 Posts
dam good number i dont think she broken in yet! LOL.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi

my cousin has a 1994 supra NA with karman. The car is down on power... we've done alot of tuning/fixing/replacing on it but it's still slow up top.

We're having to add + corrections on the SAFC to make it run decent... so it seems as his fuel system is lacking.

I want to verify his maf.

what kind of hz are people seeing at idle...and at different hp levels ...

he has the following done to the car:
(k&n, ngk plugs, wires, new cap, new rotor, new tps, new iacv, downpipe, midpipe, nurspec catback, xerdheader heat wrapped, hks cam gears, all the pullies, SAFC2)

so if i get a figure of what a stock maf would read at idle and at say 200hp ...then we'll be able to verify his maf, and his mods actually making the power thery should

(living in saudi arabia, not a single dyno in the country so i can't just take it to a dyno) ... thanks for the help guys ...sorry to bring back an old thread

·
Registered
220 Posts
Car is just sitting i get this info...
At idle i got a reading of 30hz
55hz at 2k
92hz at 3k
130hz at 4k
hope that helps
:)

·
NOSUP4U
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow.. old ass thread.. My car is since turboed and proffessionally tuned, haha!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts