Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rebuild in 5...4...3...
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem. my supra won't start, and none of the lights or beeping for ignition/lights will work, so i tested the the starter and it started clicking and began to turn. I couldn't tell if it turned the motor, but how can i be sure that it works or not? and i talked to someone that said the lights and stuff won't come on most likely because of a faullty ground, but i checked and the ground's fine. I'm baffled. I searched the forums for both problems but couldn't find much on the lights or beeping not working. Maybe a bad fuse? HELP me PLEASE!

·
Rebuild in 5...4...3...
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery is brand new practically. and i checked the ground on the battery and the car and both were fine, but i don't know where the ground for the afm is. where is it?

·
Rebuild in 5...4...3...
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have trouble getting time to work on the car as it is at my grandparent's house right now, so when i have anything new i'll make sure to post it.

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Sounds familiar...I have the same problem. Something is sucking my battery power so everytime I go somewhere, I have to disconnect the battery. Still havent found what the problem is yet.

·
92 TURBO
1,009 Posts
Orion ZyGarian said:
Sounds familiar...I have the same problem. Something is sucking my battery power so everytime I go somewhere, I have to disconnect the battery. Still havent found what the problem is yet.
^ Try this: Next time you stop disconnect the neg. cable at the battery, Than disconnect the heavy gauge wire (10 or 12 mm nut under plastic cover) on the post at the alt. which is a positive. INSULATE the removed wire's eye from car body, making sure it doesn't touch any metal before you re-connect the battery's negative cable. Now see if this stops the battery from running down. If so, it's time for a new alt. as a diode/s are shorted on the rectifier allowing a back feed that's draining down your battery thru the alt. windings.

~ mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts