Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an 1989 toyota surpa. i have put a little over 1000 dollars in repairs to it already. the last major item i need to do is change the fuel filter. i need to know if there is anyway i could remove it and change it without having to drop the entire rear end.

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
no need to drop the rear end. its between the gas tank and the rear end. fyi our fuel filters are supposed to be lifetime and the only real reason i see to change it would be is if you had a lot of rust in the gas tank.

· Registered
45 Posts
Yoda, I have to disagree with you on the lifetime part of a fuel filter. They need to be changed whenever you do a tuneup.

As far as getting to it, just undo the 6 nuts from the axle to the diff and swing the axle out of the way. I think you can do the filter w/o doing this but it's a lot easier to get to doing it this way. I just did mine a few weeks ago.

· Registered
514 Posts
might as well replace it, its only a couple bucks, I've heard of people doing it without removing anything but if you have trouble you can drop the gas tank, its only 2 bolts, takes less than 15 min to drop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.