Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am going to be purchasing a Supra before the year is out. I am mainly going to use it for sunday drives, some shows, but mainly I want to get the engine into the 1000+ whp category. I know I def. want the MKIV series, but I don't know which year would be the best. I see lots of 93' / 94' years for sale along with 97'. I would assume that 98's would be the most popular, but all the ones i see in Import Tuner, SCC, etc.. and at the Supra Convention in Las Vegas are earlier years. (for the most part).
I know I want a bone stock supra with low miles. I do have 35-40k to spend for the car, and I would figure another 40-60k fixing it up. I am trying to do some research in the different years, but on paper they seam really similar. If anyone could help out in all the general stuff, i would be grateful

Derrick
Cincinnati

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Very Senior Member
10,057 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
www.mkiv.com has plenty of answers to basic questions
ditto.

And don't worry about the year. I wouldn't worry about the miles that much either, if the car is in good shape.
For that price and low miles, well - I don't know what you'll find!
I like the '94 just fine! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
784 Posts
i prefer the 93.5-95 out of all.. but i love the steering wheels on the '98.. the body shape is exactly the same except for misc. items like headlights, tail lights, front grill, etc.

otherwise, you should just buy one of those modded 1000+ hp supra for 50k..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts