Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jarrett,

1. I have your turbo kit for NA-T and have the intercooler that came with no screws or mounting hardware whatsover, can you help me out? Do you have any mounting instructions?

2. I wasn't sure but was I supposed to get a oil flange of any type with the kit to bolt up to the oil pan when I drill it? Or am I just to tap it and run the line only?
(All I received was the line only)

3. Also, I have the fuel lines/bypass line, injectors/clips, and Aeromotive FPR but wanted to know since I'm using the factory OEM fuel rail do I tap that rail to fit lines and Aeromotive FPR? Or do I need the aftermarket rail for it to all work?

*Edit* Looks like I've found evidence on your website from Elliot Ficek's NA-T car that the stock OEM fuel rail should work if tapped. Correct?

Thanks,

David

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If tapping the fuel rail what size tap do I use?

Thanks,

David

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What size are the fittings your using? -8, -6? NPT?
Not sure of the sizes that came with the kit.
That's part of why I'm asking PHR.

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We use -6an fittings for our Fuel rails.

Regards,

Joe

Thanks Joe,

Does that include the fact that even though I didn't get a PHR fuel rail the lines would still be the same for the Stock OEM fuel rail? Have any idea what tap that would be?

Also what about my other inquiries?

David

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joe,

Just called, someone answered and thought it was you.
They said who's calling and said please hold after I told them who I was.
I held for over 11 minutes. No one ever came back to the phone.
Then I called back immediately, which then I received the prompt to choose sales.
Which I did. I left a message for you guys to call me back with these very questions.

My car is in a hold pattern at the shop waiting for these answers.
If someone there could please take the time and answer these few simple questions completely ASAP, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

David

·
Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Joe,

Just called, someone answered and thought it was you.
They said who's calling and said please hold after I told them who I was.
I held for over 11 minutes. No one ever came back to the phone.
Then I called back immediately, which then I received the prompt to choose sales.
Which I did. I left a message for you guys to call me back with these very questions.

My car is in a hold pattern at the shop waiting for these answers.
If someone there could please take the time and answer these few simple questions completely ASAP, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

David
David,

I am so sorry that you didnt get through to me. Do you know who was the guy that put you on hold? If you can tell me that I will go give him a piece of my mind. :)

The Stock Fuel Rail should be 12mm, we have 6am to 12mm fittings that you can use with the lines that we provided.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Again sorry for the delay!

Regards,

Joe

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
David,

I am so sorry that you didnt get through to me. Do you know who was the guy that put you on hold? If you can tell me that I will go give him a piece of my mind. :)

The Stock Fuel Rail should be 12mm, we have 6am to 12mm fittings that you can use with the lines that we provided.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Again sorry for the delay!

Regards,

Joe
Joe,

I think this is what I'm looking for. (See link below)
The adapter size for the AN type. (I believe this is the tap size as well)
Here is a chart explaining some different sizes well.
Just need to see which one it is. Please verify this for me.
http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/index.php?shop=&dept=Metric

Also, the rest of the questions in the original post above still need a response please.

Thanks,

David

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,002 Posts
Jarrett,

1. I have your turbo kit for NA-T and have the intercooler that came with no screws or mounting hardware whatsover, can you help me out? Do you have any mounting instructions?

2. I wasn't sure but was I supposed to get a oil flange of any type with the kit to bolt up to the oil pan when I drill it? Or am I just to tap it and run the line only?
(All I received was the line only)

3. Also, I have the fuel lines/bypass line, injectors/clips, and Aeromotive FPR but wanted to know since I'm using the factory OEM fuel rail do I tap that rail to fit lines and Aeromotive FPR? Or do I need the aftermarket rail for it to all work?

*Edit* Looks like I've found evidence on your website from Elliot Ficek's NA-T car that the stock OEM fuel rail should work if tapped. Correct?
Thanks,

David
Hi David, Im out traveling, but will try to help best I can from here. The IC has two brackets welded to the bottom, which mount to the lower core support via self tapping screws, bolts, or whatever means you prefer. There is no upper bracket as we use the lower brackets and the IC pipes to hold it fast in place. If you prefer, you can weld a tab on top for mounting also but some of the AC lines and horn have to be moved for this.

You are supposed to drill out the hole in the upper aluminum oil pan using a 29/32" drill bil, then tap with 3/4" NPT tap. There was a fitting supplied on the line going from 3/4" NPT to -10AN for the oil drain. The lower oil pan must be removed for this process and cleaned out. The oil drain spot is there already cast into your oil pan, just not drilled through completely.

If you are using the stock fuel rail, then you need to remove the stock FPR from the rail, and drill that hole out using a 1/4" NPT tap if I recall. Then there is a 1/4" NPT to -6AN fitting that screws into that. This is not the preferred method, as you have to be VERY careful not to crack the thin wall rail when tapping. The upgraded fuel rail is certainly the way to go. To supply fuel into the fuel rail, there is a 12mm to -6AN fitting on the back of the fuel rail, normally supplied on the bypass fuel line.

If you are missing any of these parts or have other questions, please contact Joe at the office directly for faster service. We dont monitor this forum full-time so if you need something, phone is the best way to get answers quickly.

Thanks,

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi David, Im out traveling, but will try to help best I can from here. The IC has two brackets welded to the bottom, which mount to the lower core support via self tapping screws, bolts, or whatever means you prefer. There is no upper bracket as we use the lower brackets and the IC pipes to hold it fast in place. If you prefer, you can weld a tab on top for mounting also but some of the AC lines and horn have to be moved for this.

You are supposed to drill out the hole in the upper aluminum oil pan using a 29/32" drill bil, then tap with 3/4" NPT tap. There was a fitting supplied on the line going from 3/4" NPT to -10AN for the oil drain. The lower oil pan must be removed for this process and cleaned out. The oil drain spot is there already cast into your oil pan, just not drilled through completely.

If you are using the stock fuel rail, then you need to remove the stock FPR from the rail, and drill that hole out using a 1/4" NPT tap if I recall. Then there is a 1/4" NPT to -6AN fitting that screws into that. This is not the preferred method, as you have to be VERY careful not to crack the thin wall rail when tapping. The upgraded fuel rail is certainly the way to go. To supply fuel into the fuel rail, there is a 12mm to -6AN fitting on the back of the fuel rail, normally supplied on the bypass fuel line.

If you are missing any of these parts or have other questions, please contact Joe at the office directly for faster service. We dont monitor this forum full-time so if you need something, phone is the best way to get answers quickly.

Thanks,
Thanks Jarrett,

As you may know by now I have tried very much to get in contact with Joe and he knows it. I have even left Dusty at MVP a message if he saw you or Joe to get in touch with me.
I've left my number and a message for you guys to call me back even.
Emails and this thread. Even called three times in the past week to be put on hold twice longer than 11 minutes. Anyway, I've since moved on with tapping the fuel rail and mounting of the intercooler. The oil drain flange was not provided and one is/has been ordered from another place. I'll have to double check.

Another issue has been brought to my attention now and it is that the intercooler pipes do not fit properly at all. I've been told that "They can make it work, but..."
So more parts ar on order to fix that.
If I can get a good number to reach you at please by all means please provide it for me by PM!

Thanks,

David

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,002 Posts
Thanks Jarrett,

As you may know by now I have tried very much to get in contact with Joe and he knows it. I have even left Dusty at MVP a message if he saw you or Joe to get in touch with me.
I've left my number and a message for you guys to call me back even.
Emails and this thread. Even called three times in the past week to be put on hold twice longer than 11 minutes. Anyway, I've since moved on with tapping the fuel rail and mounting of the intercooler. The oil drain flange was not provided and one is/has been ordered from another place. I'll have to double check.

Another issue has been brought to my attention now and it is that the intercooler pipes do not fit properly at all. I've been told that "They can make it work, but..."
So more parts ar on order to fix that.
If I can get a good number to reach you at please by all means please provide it for me by PM!

Thanks,

David
David, I cannot attest to whats happening (or not happening) at the office currently as Im traveling overseas about 5000 miles away today. Sorry your having trouble reaching Joe by phone, I'll bring this up with him next time I'm in town. The kit that you have was test fitted on a car at PHR (as you recall) by myself personally. That includes the IC piping off the turbo as well. We changed our design slightly to accommodate a 45 degree reducer silicone coupler from the turbo to the IC pipe #1 so as to ensure more header clearance. Thats the only thing we've changed on the IC piping in over 9 years of selling and installing these kits. So when you say "the IC pipes do not fit properly at all" Im a bit unsure what exactly you mean. The entire kit fit like a glove when I personally removed it and packged it to send to you. There was an oil drain flange on the line as I can recall the day I packaged the kit also. Why dont you email me directly and let me know specifically what the "issues" are and we'll address them one by one.

Thanks,
Jarrett

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
David, I cannot attest to whats happening (or not happening) at the office currently as Im traveling overseas about 5000 miles away today. Sorry your having trouble reaching Joe by phone, I'll bring this up with him next time I'm in town. The kit that you have was test fitted on a car at PHR (as you recall) by myself personally. That includes the IC piping off the turbo as well. We changed our design slightly to accommodate a 45 degree reducer silicone coupler from the turbo to the IC pipe #1 so as to ensure more header clearance. Thats the only thing we've changed on the IC piping in over 9 years of selling and installing these kits. So when you say "the IC pipes do not fit properly at all" Im a bit unsure what exactly you mean. The entire kit fit like a glove when I personally removed it and packged it to send to you. There was an oil drain flange on the line as I can recall the day I packaged the kit also. Why dont you email me directly and let me know specifically what the "issues" are and we'll address them one by one.

Thanks,
Jarrett
Please by all means, give me your direct email address via PM. (Joe read my email addresses back to me yesterday and said he was sending them to you as we talked via phone) So you should have my information with you.
I've since been in contact with Joe (Yesterday to be exact). I think we may have come to a solution finally. We will find out shortly.

Thanks,
David

*EDITED* For my email convo with Joe.

·
Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Please by all means, give me your direct email address via PM. (Joe read my email addresses back to me yesterday and said he was sending them to you as we talked via phone) So you should have my information with you.
I've since been in contact with Joe (Yesterday to be exact). I think we may have come to a solution finally. We will find out shortly.

Thanks,
David

*EDITED* For my email convo with Joe.
Have you received all the parts that I overnighted to you 2 times? I hope that everything is now solved and your car is back on the road! I am sure Jeremy will appreciate it. :)

Regards,

Joe

·
The Boost Machine
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you received all the parts that I overnighted to you 2 times? I hope that everything is now solved and your car is back on the road! I am sure Jeremy will appreciate it. :)

Regards,

Joe
I'll be checking this weekend to see what all has been done.
As far as the overnighted parts go, thank you.
I'm sorry to have been such a thorn, but as you are well aware now I had valid issues.

Thanks again,

David

1 - 16 of 16 Posts