Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. So this has been a problem for a while. Whenever I dont start the car for a while, the battery is close to dead. No im not an idiot and i dont leave the interior light on etc etc.

Recently i didnt start it for a week, and the battery was just dead.

Now this leads me to believe that something electrical is on 24/7...obviously... as this problem began to start after i added aftermarket parts. I was wondering if anyone had this problem or could point me in the right direction.

Possible power drainers could be:

AEM EMS.
AEM Wideband 02 sensor
Greddy BCC
Autometer Tach / boost gauge.

Those are the after market electrical parts i have added....

Im leaning more towards the EMS being on all the time....has anyone else encountered this problem?? Thanks

I also have:
Greddy T78, 4-row and HKS BOV (if anyone cares to know more)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i had the time i would...i dont want a LONG answer, just point me in the right direction to search. Like saying its the EMS, etc etc,

I just dont have the time to search EVERY possible situation as most of you must understand.

is a sentence reply really too much to ask for?

Thanks

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
sounds like your battery is shot... go to discount autoparts... they will test it for free.. it only takes like 1 minute.

I was having the same issue... but I have shaved handles, so I would have to crawl through the trunk. Then the car would barely start.

Well... I started cheering when discount told me my battery was bad (still under warrenty too from them as well :))... I was scared it was something else.

Popped the new one in.. and Ive been fine since

(this all happened last week)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If all installed properly none of the mods you listed will drain enough to deplete your battery in a week. Almost any auto parts place will check your battery for free. The battery may be going out and not be able to hold the charge. Check the batter, check the alternator...recheck your mods for proper installation.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Take your battery and have a load test done to verify it's bad. Some shops simply hookup a voltmeter to it but a load test is kinda like a dyno run for your battery and will test the cca your putting out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts