Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched.. can't find anything all the way back to 2002... Someone help me out here? thanks.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've only worked on my GE motor so hopefully this helps at least a little. I'm not sure, but you may have some space constraints to deal because of the turbochargers and air plumbing, but it should't be too tricky.

Here's what I do

Disconnect the battery

Remove fan

Relieve the tension on the accessory belt, then slip the accessory belt off.

One cable can be unplugged from the alternator by hand. There's second cable that you will need to remove hidden under a protective black platic cap. You will have to remove the nut that is holding it on.

There's two long bolts. I loosen them both up and remove the bottom bolt. The grab ahold of the alternator so it doesn't fall, and remove the top bolt.

Also, my stock fan shroud, air box, and engine undercover are gone. If you still have those in place, you may have to remove them if they are in your way and depending on how you are acessing the alternator.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
look at the alternator and there are 2 bolts... look at the tensioner pulley...

now test fit ur socket wrench in there and see how much space u need...

based on that, remove anything in the way of the wrench (usyally fan and shroud) and then remove the 2 bolts... make sure someone is holding the alternator

its rather simple... just dont try to remove the alternator without pulling off the belt first... ive seen people get hurt like that in autoshop back in highschool

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
and don't forget to remove the battery cable off the battery or else it'll look like the 4th of july under your hood. You'd be surprised how many people forget to do this.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
4th of July under ur hood is baaad uhmkay?

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
You dont need to remove the fan. Get your socket on the tensioner and loosen the belt. There are two bolts holding the alternator in place and one electrical clip. Remove the three and take out the alternator. Easy. And like said before, disconnect your ground first.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys... my high output alternator comes in Monday.. I finnaly get to take the car home from the shop!! It's been a good 3 months since I had her.. =D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts