Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a strange problem. The sound that comes on when the door is open is always on. It's a 1995 Twin Turbo 6 speed. It's been a month now and I brought it to Toyota and the tech thought it was the switch under the ignition. (part number 84052-41010) I found a new one and replaced it. No change. Now he's saying that it may be the ignition itself and of course its a discontinued part. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? All the doors are shut. When I start the car the sound stops. I'm happy to provide a video of all of this. Really would love to fix it finally. No key in the car, all doors closed, chime is going like crazy.

Thanks so much for any help.

Larry Cohen

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,444 Posts
You either have multiple failures, or your integration relay box is bad.

·
From the land down under
4,112 Posts
Hi Larry.

Have you tried spraying some wd40 into the "door open" switches?

My camry had the same issue as you, but it ended up just being a stuck door switch and some wd40 and a few depresses and it was back to normal.

Good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Larry.

Have you tried spraying some wd40 into the "door open" switches?

My camry had the same issue as you, but it ended up just being a stuck door switch and some wd40 and a few depresses and it was back to normal.

Good luck.
Where are the door open switches?? Want to try that immediately...

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are part of the hinge on the door jamb.

Look for a very small black plastic sliding switch at the rear of the hinge assembly
I think I see what you mean...both of mine (drivers door and passenger door) are both sliding in and out smoothly...Is it possible that they just go bad?

Larry

·
Administrator
8,658 Posts

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,444 Posts
Reactions: FasTTurbo

·
Administrator
8,658 Posts

·
Administrator
8,658 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay guys, finally got the Relay Integration...any advice on removing old one and installing? Looks pretty damn tight in there. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts