Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after getting the downpipe on I was just testing the car out to see what of a difference it made. At wot I let of the gas and then that was when the check engine light and the trianlge light went on. The next day before work I wanted to reset the ecu so I unplugged the battery. 20 minutes later while leaving to work I put it back together and the car wont start at all. All the lights goes on and the alarm will go off but the car wont start. My dad checked it out and he said that it has something to do with the turbo timer. Im soo fucken mad. My buddy says it might be the alternater. I really need someone advice that knows what there talken about here. The car is my daily driver so I need that shit fix asap.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
check your batter! make sure it has at least 12 volts.. because if you dont.. it will not start!

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
would the car start after the light came on before you unplugged the battery? How long has the turbo timer been on it? I don't know if that could have anything to do with it without knowing how you installed it, but it COULD possibly be it if you have a shorted wire. Does it have a harness? then just remove it real quick to see if thats it.

Will it turn over but not ignite? or will it not turn over at all?

If it is the alternator, then you should be able to start the car by jumping it.

Give us as much detail as you can. noises, etc...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I went out and tried it again. Ok it will turn over and not ignite. The turbo timer had been on for 2-3weeks now. I had Bozz Performance in San Jose California install it all and Im in Sacramento so its too far for me to have them fix it. The turbo timer does have a harness. How the hell do you remove the harness or unplug it? Where would it be located. My turbo timer sitting on the flat part of the steering wheel where it faces me. The radio, lights, etc still works so I know its not the battery.
I hope that is enough info. for anyone to solve my problem.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Dose it crank?
Dose it click?

If not then its in the starter circuit and you may have a very dead battery or an open,

if your car is a manual you can let roll it and pop the clutch with the ignition on and if that starts it then you know for sure that its the starter circuit.

Did you try to jump it?

Give me some more info and I diagnose it

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok, now did it crank at a normal speed?

If it is not the battery then you have a bigger problem when you where resetting the ECU did you take the fuse out if so check it.

If the car is cranking normal it could still be a loose wire at the harness

one of the smaller wires sends power to the ECM when you turn the key.

If you take the plastic covers off the steering column. flow the wires out of the turbo timer you should find the harness under the column. just take the part that has the wires from the turbo timer out of the connector and put it back stock and try and start it.

let me know what happens

·
Ex Mkiv TT Owner
137 Posts
i agree with the alarm immobilizer.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried to jump it and still it doesnt work. There is no click noise when I try to ignite it. I did not take any fuse out. Well the trac fuse is out but its been out for a while even b4 all the bpu stuff.
Is it easy to pull out the steering column? If so how? And when I open the door the car the parking light will blink for awhile and stop.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dood.. your not getting the point here. if your battery has a dead cell.. you car will only see around 10volts. Everything will still light up. but its not enough volts to start the car. If you jump it , it will still not work because the batter has a dead cell. Get a multimeter, read the battery out and see what voltage it is putting out.

If it was alarm.. it would make a wierd noise when you try to turn it over. A very unsual noise.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
other option is to unhook your pos and neg cable off your batt and run a jump from another car directly to the cable. give that a try.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It should be easy like two or three screws under the column.

The alarm should be hooked to the ignition switch also.

If you go to that link it will show you pics

Do you have an after market alarm? If so it could be causing your problem there is most likely a kill switch on it or a reset type switch

If the car is cranking normal then the problem is not in the starter or battery

Some thing is not letting power to your ECM to turn on either your turbo timer or the alarm (you could also check your fuses).

If the car was starting fine just before you messed with it than the problem could also be from some thing you did or didn’t do like forgot so at first I would just go over what you did maybe even do it again and see if you can find some thing you may have missed.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Battery reads a 12.75 so its not the battery. We tried to unplug the harness but could not find the stock part to plug it into. And for some reason I do hear click sound when trying to ignite.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Plug your MAF back in! :p

If results do not happen it may have something to do with the starter, igniter, or whatever the TTs have before the ignition coils. Do you have spark?

Also check and make sure all your grounds are back in their proper place.

Good Luck!

·
Boom! Goes the TNT.
133 Posts
There are 3 ends to the Turbo Timer harness, one goes into the back of the ignition, one goes to the turbo timer, and the last part connects into the cars' wire harness. After you unplug the turbo timer harness, take the cars' wire harness and plug it into the back of the ignition. The turbo timer harness is like a "bridge" with some wires "T'd" off of it for the turbo timer. Hope that helps. It should be pretty easy if you look at the pics from the link I posted before.

Rome_The_Supraman said:
Battery reads a 12.75 so its not the battery. We tried to unplug the harness but could not find the stock part to plug it into. And for some reason I do hear click sound when trying to ignite.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
did you check your underhood fuses? if it is turning over, it could just not be getting spark, or it could not be getting fuel.

You could pull a spark plug and turn it over and see if the spark plug is igniting.

In some cars, if you blow the main fuse, the car will turn over, but will not get fuel or spark...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think its the alarm valet thing or the kill switch on the alarm. The guy had trouble with it when he install the turbotimer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts