Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys i have 2 questions that need answering ASAP i shimmied my turbo on my 1987 toyo supra with 7 washere (7 on each bolt) and 1st threw 2nd gears are fine and very powerful but sometimes in 3rd ill be going and suddenly its like the whole engine stops the boost drops and the engine light comes on but just as soon as it does it it goes back to normal like nothing happen it does it more in 4th and 5th gears to my boost is going above the 8+ and i cant figure out y its doing it unless anyone can tell me how to fix it im going to try and take off 2 washers and just have 5 on there but the engine like hits a shutter and its like it cuts off for an instant but then its alright untill i get to higher gears Please someone help me also im car tends to run hot at high speeds can someone help me with that also its like its loseing water somewhere but i dont know where unless its like a pin prick hole in it somewhere well please answer my questions i would greatly appreiciate it
P.S. if i have a blown head gaskit i would have water in my oil right ??? i dont its just something my uncle said if the gaskit has a little hole in it the water could be vaporised instead of it getting in oil

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
First off.....WAY too many washers on the turbo there pal. Take 2 or 3, maybe even 4 of them off. You are hitting fuel cut and your ECU is saving your engine :)

As for getting hot, what do u mean hot? What does the temp gauge do or say? Are you relying on the stock gauge? Does it get into the upper area of the gauge? Or stay in the middle? The motor itself is hot. 7Ms are hot motors period. They just run warm.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket exhaust and an aftermarket intake on your car? Do you have ANY other mods on your car. Rule number one, it's got to breath first to get the heat out of the motor before you go boosting it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
bass_mekanik_04 said:
P.S. if i have a blown head gaskit i would have water in my oil right ??? i dont its just something my uncle said if the gaskit has a little hole in it the water could be vaporised instead of it getting in oil

not always, most of the time yes, but i blew my headgasket several years back and it didnt show any of the signs except it would overheat. thought it was a thermostat at first, so no there are no 100% symptoms. btw you defineately hit fuel cut.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts