Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car was running prior from motor being pulled. i usually pull the wiring harness through the firewall so hopefully nothing snapped. but the problem is this... I tried starting it today and got nothing. i pulled codes and got a 31. I looked it up and it has something to do with the map sensor. i looked at the wiring harness and found that one of the brown wires snapped... might just be the brown wire to the map sensor... i dont know for certain. anyways, i also have a s-afc and forgot if i needed to cut into the brown wire to splice in the s-afc. do I?

will having the map sensor disconnected of one of the wires cut off cause the engine to not start at all? i thought it would start but just wouldn't run good.

which connector does that brown wire from the map sensor eventually go into?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
That brown wire is the ground for the TPS and MAP. it eventually goes to pin 9 of your 16 pin ECU connector (wire side).

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
happend to me too, car ran fine until i pulled the motor again, turned out to be a wire that broke so i resoldered the whole harness lol, took forever

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just forgot to plug in the the starter. should've checked that first before i cut up the wiring harness. its all back together now though. what an idiot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts