Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! :)

After browsing the forum for a few days, I figure this is the best place to post my question. I'm wondering if you guys can tell me what Toyota trannies will bolt onto the 1JZ-GTE!

I've searched, and I know about the MKIII W58 & R154, and the MKIV W58 & Getrag V160/V161, but these are only trannies that will fit onto the MKIII body. What I'm asking is, which other toyota trannies, besides the ones mentioned, will share the same bolt pattern as the 1JZ? I don't care about how long the tranny is, I would just like to know ALL of the compatible trannies.

Thank you SO much for your help! :)

Howi

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,271 Posts
you've named all the ones I know. I believe ANY trans form ANY car should be able to be adapted to fit.

I don't believe any other toyota trans's will fit in a mk3 other then the ones listed aside form the v160's (they don' t fit period with out modification)

problem with the other toyota tran's are the belhousings none fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ZaZZn said:
you've named all the ones I know. I believe ANY trans form ANY car should be able to be adapted to fit.

I don't believe any other toyota trans's will fit in a mk3 other then the ones listed aside form the v160's (they don' t fit period with out modification)

problem with the other toyota tran's are the belhousings none fit.
Howdy :)
Thanks for your response. I see that you're from Toronto as well. Would you know anyone that has a R154? ;)

Well, not EVERY tranny can be made to fit an engine. The input shaft has to be a certain radius with the correct number of splines.

Any other trannies??

Howi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts