Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all my cousins and i are starting to work on his supra turbo. i am looking to get 300-320 at the flywheel. i know that he has a 3" custom down pipe. we will also be putting a 3" exhaust with no cats and no resonator, will this be to loud he wants a deep exhaust?? and i will be doing that little washer trick on the wastegate. what else is needed for 300-320 at the flywheel??

thanks all

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
hey all my cousins and i are starting to work on his supra turbo. i am looking to get 300-320 at the flywheel. i know that he has a 3" custom down pipe. we will also be putting a 3" exhaust with no cats and no resonator, will this be to loud he wants a deep exhaust?? and i will be doing that little washer trick on the wastegate. what else is needed for 300-320 at the flywheel??

thanks all
It will be loud. Probably very loud. As far as 300 at the crank, a downpipe and free flowing exhaust being the only mods, and a stock turbo shimmed to what, 10 psi? I think you'd be coming up short homie. If every psi is 10 hp, and assuming the exhaust gives you 10-15hp, I'd say you're at...

232 hp stock + 15 exhaust mods + 30 hp = 277 at the crank. Sorry.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know i will be short and thats why i am asking what else is needed to reach our goal of 300 crank hp. so does anyone know what else is needed??? head work??? wha telse??

thanks

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Assuming all of the proper and necessary maintenance has been done (MHG, hoses, etc.), to get to 300 at the crank I'd upgrade the fuel system and get an electronic boost controller. More boost = more power. More boost requires more fuel. I'd also upgrade the intercooler, get some hard pipes, upgrade the turbo... That's a very broad explanation, but you have to investigate and figure the best path for you to go.

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
here is how i made 300 at the wheels at 15psi. . .

hks boost controller
3" down pipe
3" mid pipe
3" exhuast
k&n air filter

adding hard pipes will help you also. . . .

-sean

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey what fuel mods and engine mods have you done to acheive tjhose number there ALPINSUPRA?? all stock?? other that listed mods??

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would liem to do this by not changing the stock turbo. would head porting and polishing help?? does anyone have a diagram on how to hook up a mbc??

·
Dont question the good Dr
474 Posts
Without opening the engine at all, and wanting to achieve 300HP you'll need a few items.

Upgraded Fuel pump
Intake
3'' turbo elbow
3'' Downpipe
3'' midpipe/ hi flow cat
3'' Catback
Some form of boost controller, whether it be MBC or EBC

With those mods you SHOULD be able to reach 300 crank horsepower, which would probably come around the 230-245 RWHP range.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Even with those mods I think in order for him to get that much power, he needs to solve the fuel cut issue... Meaning, Lexus AFM and 550cc injectors to go with that larger fuel pump...

·
Registered
184 Posts
look at my sig...thats all the mods i have to put 271.9 to the wheels......which is over 300hp at the crank...no boost controller.....no shims.....

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
hey there Elusive what fuel mods and tuning did you do??
He has no fuel mods listed bro, so he is just running higher boost levels, and probably hitting fuel cut before he can reach 300rwhp. MK3s are great for hitting 300rwhp. If that is all you want, I would consider imporving the air flow like he has with a larger intercooler and pipes all around, and using the 550cc fuel injectors with a good tune you will be able to make more than 300rwhp easy.

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
87-SUP. . . . .

thats the only mods (listed above) when i made 300hp. . . .i was still on stock afm, stock fuel injectors, and stock ic pipes and stock intercooler. . . without hitting fuel cut suprisingly, but this may have somthing to do with my motor being a jdm motor rather than a usdm motor but im not entirly sure. . .

now just because thats all i had to hit 300hp at the wheels doesnt you'll make it to every car is different, so going with everyone elses advice you should do the following to deffinaly hit your goal on the stock turbo. . .esspecially if you goal is only 300.

3" cat back exhuast
3" mid pipe
3" down pipe (a divorced down pipe will help more)
intake
lex afm
550's
255 fuel pump
upgraded ic (although stock will do and hold up to 400whp)
ic hard pipes
boost controller
mhg (1.4mm)
arps head studs or bolts tourqed to 75 ft lbs or more (mine was 90 ft lbs)

this list here will land you at or well over 300hp at the crank but esspecaly more importantly at the wheels on the STOCK turbo and porting your head which you have asked will help but is unecissary untill around 5-600hp because the head will flow 600hp.
i hope this helps you out a little more and anyone else for the matter that has these same questions and any mod or someone with more experience feel free to correct me if needed.

thank you
-sean

·
Registered
184 Posts
the only mods i have are what is listed.....no tuning...no other mods at all.....i hit fuel cut at around 100-115mph in 4th gear....dyno was 3rd gear so didnt hit it......

·
Registered
184 Posts
87-SUP. . . . .

thats the only mods (listed above) when i made 300hp. . . .i was still on stock afm, stock fuel injectors, and stock ic pipes and stock intercooler. . . without hitting fuel cut suprisingly, but this may have somthing to do with my motor being a jdm motor rather than a usdm motor but im not entirly sure. . .

now just because thats all i had to hit 300hp at the wheels doesnt you'll make it to every car is different, so going with everyone elses advice you should do the following to deffinaly hit your goal on the stock turbo. . .esspecially if you goal is only 300.

3" cat back exhuast
3" mid pipe
3" down pipe (a divorced down pipe will help more)
intake
lex afm
550's
255 fuel pump
upgraded ic (although stock will do and hold up to 400whp)
ic hard pipes
boost controller
mhg (1.4mm)
arps head studs or bolts tourqed to 75 ft lbs or more (mine was 90 ft lbs)

this list here will land you at or well over 300hp at the crank but esspecaly more importantly at the wheels on the STOCK turbo and porting your head which you have asked will help but is unecissary untill around 5-600hp because the head will flow 600hp.
i hope this helps you out a little more and anyone else for the matter that has these same questions and any mod or someone with more experience feel free to correct me if needed.

thank you
-sean
just make sure you change the turbo elbow or get a DP with a turbo elbow....all that 3" pipe wont do you much good with that stock turbo elbow.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
haha i first cracked 300 with these mods

HKS 3" turboback exhaust with elbow
no resinator high folw cat
HKS MHG
arp head studs
front mount intercooler
2.5" IC piping
manual boost controller.
14 psi

i eventually went crazy and ended up makin close to 400 whp. but thats another story

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
I dyno'ed 250hp at the wheels at 10psi. I can run up to 13-14 psi before hitting fuel cut however.

I think the upgraded fuel pump is what allows me to run up to 13-14psi. The car does run a little rich...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts