Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
look where the BOV meets the flange. theres a C-Clip style ring there w/ i think 2 holes in it. squeeze the points together and pull up and the bov should pop free.

·
1/2 Na-T Project
987 Posts
mk34o8 said:
alright, i will give that a try, thanks!
Use the proper snap ring pliers to get it out...if you try to use needle nose pliers it will be a pain, you probably won't get it out and you might break the snap ring. Just my .02. Good luck.

·
Registered
942 Posts
its a ton easier if you take the housing off the blow off valve-just the 4 allen head bolts and the front comes off(just like if you were gonna change the sound fitting or install a recirculating kit), that way you dont scratch the housing also. by the way, i have a recircuating kit if anyone wants one for the ssqv-$20 shipped. let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
mk34o8 said:
gaah! it is a pain. all i have are stupid needle nose pliers.
Needle nose won't do it. I've tried it that way plenty of times. You need snap ring pliers. The ones I have are reversable so you can make the squeezing of the pliers either open them or close them. Right angle snap ring pliers work best.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
DAmn it Fei, I told ya to call me if ya ever need help... gr.... aight peace:chicken:

G

·
Last one I did, it took me and my brother to do it. He squeezed the snap ring and pulled it toward him, and I got a small standard screwdriver head under the ring on the opposite side and pried it up out of the housing. It took multiple tries and about 30 mins of aggravation. Snap Ring Pliers are a must for this.

G

·
a lot depends on the flange, when i switched BOVs with Jonnyredline, it was a pain to get his on and off, his flange seemed to be smaller. it barely came off and was VERY difficult to get back on

by my flange it was easy, did it with the housing on, with the IC pipe still mounded in the car, with no one helping hold the BOV

i know you got it all taken care of already, but for anyone else doing it, you NEED c-clip pliers

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
NeverNZ said:
a lot depends on the flange, when i switched BOVs with Jonnyredline, it was a pain to get his on and off, his flange seemed to be smaller. it barely came off and was VERY difficult to get back on

by my flange it was easy, did it with the housing on, with the IC pipe still mounded in the car, with no one helping hold the BOV

i know you got it all taken care of already, but for anyone else doing it, you NEED c-clip pliers
Not really, small needle nose pliers work also and seem to work faster than the c-clip pliers because the needle nose pliers have the grooves on em for grip... aight peace :chicken:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts