Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my turbo and now my car runs like ass. It starts fine but idles even higher than it used to (I know i have a vacume leak, but nothing's changed since then). When I try to accelerate a little bit, everything's ok, but if I try to get on it a bit, then it is very sluggish and after I let off the throttle, the RPM's drop to 0. If I give it a bit of gas, then it comes back to life. Only codes are 42 and 52 (speed sensor and knock sensor) and I had those before. Any ideas, stuff to check, etc? I have to drive this fucker to work tomorrow, i really need it to run.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
maybe check the intercooler hose that connects to the turbo. maybe its cracked/busted/got a hole/ in it when you put your turbo back on.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
No offense but if you know you have a knock sensor code, and you know you have a vacuum leak than why are you making this thread? I think your problem is pretty obvious :dunno:

·
Registered
527 Posts
NJsupraA70 said:
No offense but if you know you have a knock sensor code, and you know you have a vacuum leak than why are you making this thread? I think your problem is pretty obvious :dunno:
yup^^^

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, I have many problems. It's run like ass for a long time, but it ran before, now it was not runnning. I checked the intercooler hose that connects to the turbo and it's kinda messed up (PM me if you have one for sale) but ultimately it was a major vacume leak at the PS idle up hose that was causing it to die. I guess when you remove the EGR system and "clean up" your vacume lines, you need to be damn sure you know where everything is actually going. I think that when i removed the accordian hose I didn't secure the PS idle up hose very well and it popped off and it was also cut somehow (???? not sure how this happend. .. ) but when I replaced this hose, everything ran as well as it ever did, which is still like ass, but is nevertheless capable of getting me to and from work tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
wh0wants2know said:
yeah, I have many problems. It's run like ass for a long time, but it ran before, now it was not runnning. I checked the intercooler hose that connects to the turbo and it's kinda messed up (PM me if you have one for sale) but ultimately it was a major vacume leak at the PS idle up hose that was causing it to die. I guess when you remove the EGR system and "clean up" your vacume lines, you need to be damn sure you know where everything is actually going. I think that when i removed the accordian hose I didn't secure the PS idle up hose very well and it popped off and it was also cut somehow (???? not sure how this happend. .. ) but when I replaced this hose, everything ran as well as it ever did, which is still like ass, but is nevertheless capable of getting me to and from work tomorrow.

Just replace everything that is wrong with it, when you find something bad and you wont have any problems.

~steven

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Definitely eliminate the codes. It sounds like a boost/vacuum leak. Take the above advice and check all your hoses and miscellaneous vacuum lines. Replacing a turbo with the engine in the car is a major pita and some of the hose clamps and bolts are rough to get to in such close quarters, double check them.

I had the exact problem when one of my IC hoses blew off. When I would get on it, it would stutter and felt like I had no power, then as soon as I came to a stop it would either stall or almost stall. Your hose from the turbo outlet can be very brittle and cause the same problem. I think I have a spare, pm if you find that to be the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts