Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought some new shifter bushings from MVP and took out the shifter fork. ive been trying for THREE hours to get the damn old rusty stock bushings out and have had NO luck. ive tried everything that i can think of. even using a hammer will not even barely budge them. id like to do it all myself and not have to pay a machine shop to do it, not to mention i dont even know where a machine shop is around here.

any suggestions?

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
x95SupraNAx said:
bought some new shifter bushings from MVP and took out the shifter fork. ive been trying for THREE hours to get the damn old rusty stock bushings out and have had NO luck. ive tried everything that i can think of. even using a hammer will not even barely budge them. id like to do it all myself and not have to pay a machine shop to do it, not to mention i dont even know where a machine shop is around here.

any suggestions?

You need a bearing press and a socket. Easy...comes right out.

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just used a hack saw to cut them out...and a hand vice to press the new ones in...but F**K i just broke the whole right side arm off of the shifter fork while trying to put it back in...pulled on it a little to hard to make it fit over the holes where it bolts in..now i gotta wait until wednesday for the new one from curt to arrive. :madf: me

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Mine were easy. Got a socket that was the same diameter of the stock bushing. Put it in my vise and cranked on it until it was out. Put the new bushings in the same way with the vise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts