Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Back Yard Customs
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please refer to my pic. Should there be any hoses where the red arrows are? The top green piece looks like the nipple for the hose is broken. I am not sure about the bottom one.

Thanks in advance

·
Ask First Search Later
519 Posts
Top one yes, it goes to your charcoal canister, the bottom is a sensor, I have a brand new one from Toyota, it's in my car at S.P., $50 shipped, $60 something from toyota. I'll just have someone at S.P. ship it to you if needed. Just let me know.
Yes I know it's a big pic, but it will help, just follow the silver vacuum hose from the canister under the BOV over the intake pipe and into the BVSV.

·
Back Yard Customs
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Back Yard Customs
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmmm, now i see your pic, its huge, lol

My bottom one is connected how your top one is. What is it connected to, I forgot.'

what is that sensor for and why is it on the coolant line?

·
Ask First Search Later
519 Posts
BYC said:
hmmmm, now i see your pic, its huge, lol

My bottom one is connected how your top one is. What is it connected to, I forgot.'

what is that sensor for and why is it on the coolant line?
To the metal pipe group in front of the 3000 pipe. My car is in chi-town, but I think on the other side it goes to the throttle body?
HAHA, found my stock pic, yeah it goes to the throttle body nipple closes to the front of the car.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
does that canister do anything? if not im gonna take that out, run it directly and put a oil catch can in its stop.

·
Ask First Search Later
519 Posts
driftedmk3 said:
does that canister do anything? if not im gonna take that out, run it directly and put a oil catch can in its stop.
Just remove it and put a breather filter on the line that goes to the fuel tank(line that goes into the firewall. Then cap off the BVSV nipple.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
mysupra87 said:
Just remove it and put a breather filter on the line that goes to the fuel tank(line that goes into the firewall. Then cap off the BVSV nipple.
hmm got a picture of this? :)

·
Back Yard Customs
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
why would u want to remove it. Do you really need that space?

·
Ask First Search Later
519 Posts
BYC said:
No I dont have a pic, but it's really easy, just follow what I said, and you will do fine. :) Well all it actually does is catch fuel vapors. Some people that remove it notice a little smell, but nothing drastic. And why remove it? It's UGLY and makes DP easier to get to.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
BYC said:
cause i want to put a oil catch can there. :)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
mysupra has his vacuum hoses reversed at the BVSV in the second pic, right in the first pic.

there should be a sticker on the underside of yuor hood showing where everything goes...

Putting an oil catch can there isn't really a good idea since it's trying to condense the oil, but it's right next to a major heat source...

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
that bottom arrow is the ac fan switch. it should have a clip w/ a blue wire that connects to it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I believe the switch is for the condenser fans, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Even if your air isn't working they can be handy. Mine come on when the temp. goes up, air on or off, and I notice that they seem to provide that crucial extra bit of cooling when I've been climbing steep for 10 or so miles on a hot day, in and out of the boost all the time.

·
Registered
249 Posts
mysupra87 said:
Please don't do this, you will be venting fuel vapor directly into your engine bay if you do.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
wow a thread full of newb advice... except for a couple.

You do not need a vacuum line to go to the bvsv, it will not affect anything if it is just there with both nipples open, the charcoal canister will not be very functional though. Who really cares though? As long as you have the nipple on the throttle body capped to prevent vacuum leak it will be fine.

If you are that worried about venting vapor to the engine bay, by removing the charcoal can. then just run the line downward more or get a vented gas cap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts