Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, recently i purchased a 31"x12"x4" FMIC core. The inlet/outlet are 3'', and i need to find somebody to make my piping for a good price!

Does anyone know where i should go?

Thanks!

jason

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
SP can make some nice pipes for a good price. They made all my piping.

·
Registered
628 Posts
mandrel bender???

I called a bunch of exhaust places and they all said they just had crush benders. one of the places told me that i would be lucky if there were any mandrel benders anwhere in wisconsin because they are too big for a garage to have and too expensive or something. he said only a factory that makes those would have a mandrel bender. can anybody prove him wrong? I have yet to find a single place with one, in wisconsin or not.
-Lintrix- do you have an mk3 or an mk4? i just ordered some shitty honda crx intake pipes off ebay which are supposed to be bent almost perfect to fit as the upper pipes on mk3's. hopefully it works.

Ryan

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Sp will do you right! You don't have to worry about madrel bending, as they will use pre-bent sections for the turns.

Chris

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: mandrel bender???

audioman81 said:
I called a bunch of exhaust places and they all said they just had crush benders. one of the places told me that i would be lucky if there were any mandrel benders anwhere in wisconsin because they are too big for a garage to have and too expensive or something. he said only a factory that makes those would have a mandrel bender. can anybody prove him wrong? I have yet to find a single place with one, in wisconsin or not.
-Lintrix- do you have an mk3 or an mk4? i just ordered some shitty honda crx intake pipes off ebay which are supposed to be bent almost perfect to fit as the upper pipes on mk3's. hopefully it works.

Ryan
I have an MK4, and the intercooler core is pretty big. The piping on Ebay won't be good enough because it has to be atleast 3'' thick.

I think i'll try Sound Performance. What's their turn around time on these things?

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1jzSupraGuy said:
this one shop in milwaukee, has a madrel bender. I'm not sure how much they are charging though since the last time i talked to them they were just getting trained on how to use it. but i think their site is www.topstreetperformance.com
Thanks, i will actually be driving through Milwaukee tonight, but do not plan to install it.

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, well SP doesn't want to respond about my intercooler piping, and that makes me less encouraged to even want to bother calling them. :rolleyes:

Anyone know any other shops around IL willing to fab my pipes & install the front mount?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Lintrix said:
Alright, well SP doesn't want to respond about my intercooler piping, and that makes me less encouraged to even want to bother calling them. :rolleyes:

Anyone know any other shops around IL willing to fab my pipes & install the front mount?
Haha. I pmed SP about having one of their tech come with me to take a look at my car before I bought it for some $$$ and they didn't get back to me until about 2 weeks later. Found that pretty funny. But they seem to know what they are doing. Just give them a buzz.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
It's even in SP's signature to NOT PM them. ALWAYS ALWAYS call the shop and you will get first rate customer service.

they dont respond to PM's cause typing everything out takes forever. Just call them up.

·
stop-lame-signatures.com
786 Posts
Lintrix said:

SP is very busy, but Larry is usually available on AIM.

To quote his signature:
"AIM XXSUPRAXX is the best way to get a hold of me!!"

lateRZ

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are right. I know the guys at SP are busy all the time, and i just decided to AIM him at 8:05 (i'm sure SP is closed at this time) and he is responding =)

·
Yup.
684 Posts
NA_MKIII said:
top street has a mandrel bender. I don't have any experience with the shop though, so I can't vouch for their quality or customer service...
they got rid of the bender, however, they did do my intercooler pipes, and they are very good.

·
Yup.
684 Posts
from what i know, they had trouble getting parts for it, and it wasnt working correctly all the time. they were also getting a lot of run around by the company they bought it from. lack of customer support from the manufacturer im guessing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts