1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
something wrong with my baby
ok here is the story short.
today i was doing some figure 8's on some grass and all was fun and jolly til the ride home. anways was turning around a corner and put my foot down to go up a hill and when second turbo came on i had this fucked up woooing noise come from the front somewhere. so i thought FUCK ive blown my second turbo, so ive turned around another corner to get home and its done it again. and then on the next corner it had totally gone. anyways, i pulled into the driveway and rev the car a couple of times and i had this rattle like noise underneath but to the front of the car. so i didnt know what was going on. so i took it for a spin up the road, but i couldnt hear anything, pulled back in the driveway and open the door and all i could hear was this grinding noise! so i was fucked, i didnt know what was going on. this noise sounded like it was coming from the gear box. so i jump back in the car and push the clutch in and the noise dissapeared. so maybe its the clutch!!!!but when you push the clutch in it releases the things in the gear box too. so what have i done??? gear box, clutch or something else???? what do you guys think???? oh yeah, i turned the car on and off a few time and sometime the noise wasnt so bad to the other times!! i dont have a clue!!!!! i dont want my little baby to be sick
anyways let me know what you guys think please.

Furious Jamie OUT!!!!!

·
I pretend to be fast
1,030 Posts
Do you have a lightened flywheel and aftermarket clutch? My car makes that noise that sounds like ball bearings in a can rattling around n im told its cause of the aftermarket clutch and flywheel. I could be rong though as I'm new to the supra world

·
3,466 Posts
It's not the throwout bearing since the noise goes away once the pedal is on the FLOOR.

My guess is the flywheel has took a shit? Don't know, but the two things you mention don't really sound like they correlate with eachother, maybe you have two problems??

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys thanks for the replies.
my car is stock.
no lightened fly wheel or anything..
but now the noise is not going away, even witht the clutch in...i jumped underthe car today with it turned on it sounded like it was coming from the gear box area. i couldnt pin point it down to a tee. what do you guys think??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts