Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay. This is one for you technical genius's. Sometimes I will go to start my car and it won't start. It's not the battery as I'm still getting power to the car (guage lights, headlights, turns, etc. all work. The starter isn't bad because the car will start 80% of the time just fine no problem. When I go to turn the key there is just a click that sounds like it's coming from the glove box, and the car doesn't turn over, no engine noises, nothing. Just that damn click. I am thinking it's the factory security system. The dumb whore who owned the car before me had some serious ghetto ass people work on the car. I have to unlock the car from the passenger side with two turns to the left to undo the security system. If I go and try to do it from the driver's side it sets the alarm off. Now after fixing the window, the alarm goes off no matter what I do, so I've just kept the car unlocked. It'll go off and I can't shut it off, I just have to let it die out after a minute or two. But back to the starting problem. i think it might be a problem with the security system having some sort of starter lock? or starter killswitch? when the security system is activated or tampered with, I'm not sure. Any Idea's guys? I've been living with this problem for too long and it really really sucks becuase I'll have to go to work or school and the fuckin piece won't start, no matter what I try to do to fix it (lock and unlock the car, disconnect the battery, turn the key 1000000 times, replace all fuses) I just can't figure it out. Then I'll go back to the car an hour to a day later and it'll all of a sudden start? I won't touch it or change a thing and now it wants to start? I'm just fuckin pissed with the car. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
calm down. it sounds like its the starter. the click sound is from the starter i think. is this happening more and more to you? have the starter replaced before? also, there is a little trick for this. if the click sound is from the starter. use a hammer to hit the starter relay. if the car starts up while you hit the starter relay, then its the starter. you need 2 people to try this. one in the car, one hits the starter. but you don't really have to try this. if the click sound is from the starter, then 95% of the chance is the starter.

·
Registered
48 Posts
there's a sticky in the mk3 section about "THE" starter problem..i had the same thing going on and found my fix in there..i think it was rogeruk's post..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts