Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I am the Black Stig
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, here are some pics of some TRD calipers a friend of mine picked up from work, and was wondering if i can adapt them to my mk3, like what size rotors to use, where to buy or have made a caliper bracket, etc. I have absolutely no specs on them, all i know is thier 4piston, so.... lmk what u guys think just by eye balling it lol! thanks

-Roger

·
I am the Black Stig
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmarkk said:
could this be for the rear, as the pistons look a bit small?
and is it a trd caliper at all? :)
they should be for the front, and well i dont think its a trd caliper, i was talking to jose (onebad7m) he said thier stoptech! btw i dont think trd makes anything, they just stamp, label, and brand TRD on them.

·
always watching
362 Posts
I'd definately rock em,I don't know how you'd make em work though. those are pretty f'in sweet though.

·
SUPRAF0RUMS TROLL
1,610 Posts
i cant be sure but those trd calipers are either for a 00-04 celica or tundra... nice find... but i would rather sell them and get something better... like a six piston system

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
six pistons aren't better, mostly marketing hype (couple a threads on these boards confirm it)

TRD doesn't make much of anything, it's all licensed out to other manufacturers (just like many other parts on any of the cars out there, like Aisin making parts, ect)

if you can figure out what vehicle they went to, you could pick up the rotors and do a mock up and try and figure out how to make a mount for em, not gonna be too easy, but it might be worth the work...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts