Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a T-78 with stock fuel. GReddy Profec B and VPC. S-AFC is not installed yet.

I just installed a brand new waste gate with the middle spring tension( not the softest and not the stiffest). I still boost past 20 psi. I have everything set to minimum and on the low boost setting.

I need help with the boost controller because I double checked the wastegate instalation, and everythong seems fine.

What do I have to do with the profec B to limit boost to 17 psi.
I am getting really pissed with this thing.

Please Help!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I didn't know greddy had a middle spring, only low and high boost springs. You can double check the spring(color) to make sure, I think red is the high boost spring. Yellow or orange is the low boost spring 0.8-1.2 bar. Just set the low boost knob to the lowest setting, then do a couple runs, then adjust the high boost setting to your set boost. When your done, push in the knob for that setting, instructions are on the mkiv site. Good luck
SH
t78

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sounds like you have the 1.4 bar spring in the wastegate. If so you can't boost lower than wastegate spring. Double check and see if the bolt on the wastegate is out as far as it can go. Make a few runs on just wastegate spring pressure. If it still boost to 20 than it's not your profec it's the wastegate. Also check and make sure the setting on the back of the profec(dip switches) are set for a single and not for a internal wastegate.Here is the greddy site for springs

http://greddy.com/products/wastegates_frame.htm

-TY

T-78 6spd

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
any one have picture of wastegate spring
where it is installed at

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the lowest spring setting: 1.1-1.5 kg/cm2 , sorry about the middle spring fantasy.

I didn't get the profec B manual, so I need to print one.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Usual suspect:
No that's not the lowest boost spring...the lowest one is a 0.8-1.2 kg/cm2 atleast for the type R wastegate. Here's a pic of the spring. And YOU were right(my bad), they do make a middle tension spring 1.1-1.5 kg/cm2. BUT, if I were you, take the wastegate apart and look for your self...only way to actually know is to look at the spring, unless you already did this. All the springs have a diff color for the tension. Here's a pic of the low boost spring. Your profec should controll the boost perfectly, btw. Also you can adjust the wastegate screw all the way out and tighten it down to make sure you are running the least amount of boost possible. Good luck
SH
t78

A

·
0 Posts
Get the yellow spring. I for the life of me can't figure out why the blue spring comes with the kit in the wastegate. After I put it in I could get as low as 11psi, and still go as high as 30psi if I wanted to just by turning the knob on my regulator.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the blue one.

Houston, I'll try your profec suggestion.

The new wastegate is already installed. The wastegate screw was left intact. I didn't adjust anything. The screw is sticking about ~ 1.5 out.

When I do the runs, does it matter if the profec B setting light is set on low or high boost?

I am going to try the low boost at min and adjusting the max boost.

If it doesn't work I'll try loosen the wastegate screw a little more.

I'll let you guys know tomorrow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's definately the wastegate spring. If you know how a Boost controller operates you will know that the absolute lowest boost pressure it can be set to is dependent upon the absolute lowest boost pressure that your wastegate opens at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts