Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 94 single turbo with aem , single blah blah blah .....bought the car stock for a sick deal and dumped a ton into it .....have about 67k miles and got an offer of 45k .....i dont need the money but i also have almost no time for the car .... I know i wanna keep it but the fact that i dont have the time right now (2 young kids) makes me think i should dump it while market is high ..... I would lve to keep it and get my kids into the culture and know if i sell it , it will pretty much be irreplaceable ....what would you do

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
Hold out for more, if you are serious about selling it.

·
1 ur Mom warned U about
656 Posts
IMHO, If you do not need the cash or cannot think of anything that you would be doing with that money to make it grow...then keep her,. Even if you do not have the time to drive [its going to stay low miles, even better lol], it's not hurting anyone. And from the looks of it, the market for these cars won't be coming down anytime soon I think.

I bought a couple of cars, including, my 98 6spd with 48K miles on it, for the purpose of passing it on to my daughter [she is only 2yrs old] and plan on adding a few more cars to that collection by the time she is old enough to drive.

·
Administrator
8,798 Posts
Ah the age old internal conflict, sell cool car because I made babies and got married. Lets compare the number of uncles and grandfathers who have a story of the cool car they used to own vs the one that still owns it. Kids grow up and in short order they'll be in college drinking underage and doing questionable sexual things.

Keep the car.

·
Hardtop Crew
6,381 Posts
Ah the age old internal conflict, sell cool car because I made babies and got married. Lets compare the number of uncles and grandfathers who have a story of the cool car they used to own vs the one that still owns it. Kids grow up and in short order they'll be in college drinking underage and doing questionable sexual things.

Keep the car.
end thread =)

·
Reverend Hillclimb
2,660 Posts
If its irreplaceable why are you even thinking about selling in the first place?
Seems like you dont "need" the money, so I cant understand.
If you love the car, and want your kids to enjoy it like you do. I say its no question.
I wish my dad was into cars.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Keep it - You will find more time for it when the kids are older.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Keep it, enjoy it when you have time for it and when you dont then just think about the mileage youre saving. You already said you dont want to sell it though so its a no brainer.

·
Hardtop Crew
6,381 Posts
Keep it, enjoy it when you have time for it and when you dont then just think about the mileage youre saving. You already said you dont want to sell it though so its a no brainer.
ur car running yet ?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Is your Car the one on Craigslist for 45? The Main pic is the car at the bottom of driveway?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
ah the age old internal conflict, sell cool car because i made babies and got married. Lets compare the number of uncles and grandfathers who have a story of the cool car they used to own vs the one that still owns it. Kids grow up and in short order they'll be in college drinking underage and doing questionable sexual things.

Keep the car.
hahahahahahahahhahahaha. This ^^^^ hahahahahahahah yesssss

·
Administrator
8,798 Posts
I apologize for being "brash", however, I think people make some hasty decisions regarding keeping the thing they like because of kids or wives or whatever. They paint these idealistic pictures when the reality of the situation is be selfish on certain things..not everything...your kids 9 times out of 10 don't care about your car or your hobbies, they will have their own (stare at a cell phone or tablet) and they will go down the same questionable paths you did when you were younger (can't find my pants) . Be the cool father/uncle/grandfather that kept the cool shit he liked and didn't give it up for some money that will get spent on "home improvements" you will likely redo 6-10 years again down the road or put into a fancy SUV to transport kids around in that will depreciate faster than you can say midlife crisis. /endshittypunctuation

·
Registered
358 Posts
I apologize for being "brash", however, I think people make some hasty decisions regarding keeping the thing they like because of kids or wives or whatever. They paint these idealistic pictures when the reality of the situation is be selfish on certain things..not everything...your kids 9 times out of 10 don't care about your car or your hobbies, they will have their own (stare at a cell phone or tablet) and they will go down the same questionable paths you did when you were younger (can't find my pants) . Be the cool father/uncle/grandfather that kept the cool shit he liked and didn't give it up for some money that will get spent on "home improvements" you will likely redo 6-10 years again down the road or put into a fancy SUV to transport kids around in that will depreciate faster than you can say midlife crisis. /endshittypunctuation
I am now dating my life BC and AD using this post as a the midpoint! WOW so true AMEND

·
Car guy
803 Posts
Yeah, don't sell it, my daughter is 11 and she always asks if I will take her to school in the Supra. My son is 14, just starting to get interested in cars, he also loves riding along doing pulls.

They crack me up running around making the BOV sounds.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Keep the car.
mic drop and curtains close on thread :/

My whole life I have heard my dad talk about the now ridiculously valuable cars he let go to pay off this, buy a house, etc, which includes: 66 Mustang fb K code, a 57 and two 63 vettes, 56 ford vic, 37 dodge coupe, 57 chevy, 67 GTO, 71 Trans AM 455........

I made up my mind as a kid that I would never have an 'I never should have sold that car story'.........from day my wife has known that the Supras and 65 Comet are here to stay and that any of them do go it will not be to pay for something and will be because I have made up my mind to move on.

This is also the reason worked hard to make sure I owned them all out right and bought my first house at 22.

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had it since 2001 and only thought about selling it because market may never be as high as it is now (or may even go up ) Selling it has nothing to do with pressure from wife or anything like that ....on a side note , i took it out the other day for first time in a long time and i gotta say , i cant sell that thing ...lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts