Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing a new block, turbo, and fuel, the damn thing turns over but wont start. I've checked everything twice, did all the obvious.
check every connection
unplug and re plug the main harness, tie that down good
check all the ground
I got fuel pressure but for some reason, when I pulled the plugs, there was no sign of fuel. I thought I'd flood the car w/ bigger injectors and the stock ECU. Any ideas on how to start diagnosing this problem? TIA.

Kevin

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
i would almos tbe willing to bet you forgot one of the grounds on the intake manifold. without them, injectors won't fire. i have a bad habit of doing it when i drop a motor in.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
also make sure you pluged in the knock and crank sensors on the block i forgot to plug my crank sensor one time ..i was beating my self silly .

·
Registered
254 Posts
did you remember to plug in your crank sensor. i forgot to plug in my crank sensor, when i installing my single turbo. it's low your waterpump.

koua

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
Import-Tooner said:
Have you checked to see if you are getting spark?
yeah.. you ALWAYS want to check for spark after doing MAJOR engine work..

stick your finger down one of the plug boots and have someone crank it :D

The resulting jolt will likely trigger your brain to remember some lil' thing you forgot to connect :)

227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for replying.
I've checked again and again, crank, cam, knock sensors are in place. I also checked the ground over and over again. Everything looks ok. The damn thing turns over but won't start. I haven't check to see if I got spark. I'm just trying to figure out why the injectors don't click and I got no fuel.
I'm about to give up.
I also got rid of the MAF, and I don't have a VPC or the AEM installed yet. But I thought the car should start w/o the MAF w/ the stock ECU. It won't idle and die shortly after it starts but it should start, correct?
I'm going to install the AEM to see if it starts. It would be a wonderful Xmas if I got it to start.... 2 days of frustration.

Thanks again everyone.

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts