Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Yup, every gte has one. Its on the leftside of the car on the wheelwell.

·
Registered
218 Posts
^ yep pretty much where he explains it. or you can say right next to the drivers side strut tower. you should see a vacumn line connected to it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Here's a pic of it's location, i was going to say drivers side well too but since he's in australia that'd set him of on the wrong foot ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Basically it's a Pentiometer. Almost like a MAP sensor. As Manifold pressure increases it pushes on the diaphram rasing the voltage out put and sending it to the ecu if it reaces a certain voltage then it will initiate fuel cut.

On my MR2 I can disconnect the Vacumm line to disable Fuel cut on the 7M I dont believe you are able to do it that way. I tried on my friends MKIII and it kept intiating fuel cut at 14-15psi I believe.

Mitch

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers guys ive never seen 1 of them on my car

i dont have a factory boost gauge as such, more that turbo light turns on when makingt boost..... my spare plug is on the drivers side (left looking at my pics).. so i take it i dont need 1 then??

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
It could very well be possible that this boost pressure assy is just for the boostgauge in our supra's

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
Mr2mitch said:
Basically it's a Pentiometer. Almost like a MAP sensor. As Manifold pressure increases it pushes on the diaphram rasing the voltage out put and sending it to the ecu if it reaces a certain voltage then it will initiate fuel cut.
like a MAP sensor? it IS a MAP sensor.

Mr2mitch said:
On my MR2 I can disconnect the Vacumm line to disable Fuel cut on the 7M I dont believe you are able to do it that way. I tried on my friends MKIII and it kept intiating fuel cut at 14-15psi I believe.

Mitch
the 3S MAP trick won't work, on MA70s the MAP sensor is just there to drive the boost gauge.

C44 said:
It could very well be possible that this boost pressure assy is just for the boostgauge in our supra's
possible? nope, that's a fact.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
disturbed1 said:
you may want a new coupler connecting your 3000 pipe to your intake manifold. just a suggestion

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
^^ the 3k pipe is a slight bit higher then the TB hence the weird shifted look

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
that motor is cleaaaann.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
damn disturbed1, thats clean... you got a PM

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
Mr2mitch said:

Mitch
To elaborate....

The mr2 and 7m electronics are totally different.

The turbo pressure sensor has nothing to do with ECU operation. It is merely a sensor for the boost guage unlike the MR2.

I wish it wasn't this way, but it is. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts