Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put in a hks turbo timer last night and the car would start and run fine. upon removing the key the car would contiunue to run but the starter motor would turn on, disengage and then sit there and free spin until i shut the car off. could someone tell me what wires ive got wrong. ive got the harness adapter deal, but theres also extra green, white and red leads coming from the timer as well as the black ground and gray park brake wire.

·
United States of America
1,469 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i found that site before but i think ill look it over again and then recheck my connections tonight. i dont know if the harness is right, i got this timer in a box o' parts that came with my supra

·
Registered
163 Posts
Every time the timer goes down your starter jumps right?

Right.
You got the ground for the Timer connected to the Ground for your ignitions system. It needs its own ground. Or ground it to your radio, you cant ground it through your igniton switch, cause, like you have it, it grounds your started for a second.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no i grounded the timer right to the body by the e brake. my ignition harness is all f'ed up, i checked some wiring diagrams and my hybrid n/a to turbo harness graft is not even close to correct, or even sensible for that matter. there are sections of wire joined by 2 inch long pieces of wire, not even soldered, not even crimped, just twisted and taped. thanks for the tip though. i got the push button starter put in and working but it turns out my starter wire is in the wrong pin location on the harness so even that took a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts