Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Blitz Dual Turbo Timer and it works fine, but there are two side affects.

First one has a simple work around but it is annoying. My day running head lights will not turn off automatically anymore. Normally if you turn the car off and open the door the light turn off.

Second is a little more difficult, my alarm won't set after the turbo timer turns the car off and the doors unlock. Can't manually set the alarm while the turbo timer has the car running.

Thanks

Krytikal

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's funny, although I use a different barnd of turbo timer, HKS, my drl's shut off after the engine cuts off?!?

Did you follow the standard installation intructions? Did you use a harness to connect to your ignition?

Maybe there's a difference between your 97 and my 94. Who knows? Anyone out there?

My problem is that my doors unlock after the turbo timer cuts my engine off.

B

·
0 Posts
Krytikal said:
I installed the Blitz Dual Turbo Timer and it works fine, but there are two side affects.

First one has a simple work around but it is annoying. My day running head lights will not turn off automatically anymore. Normally if you turn the car off and open the door the light turn off.

Second is a little more difficult, my alarm won't set after the turbo timer turns the car off and the doors unlock. Can't manually set the alarm while the turbo timer has the car running.

Thanks

Krytikal
Can't help you with the lights, but in regards to the door locks...... While the turbo timer is running and you are outside, using the remote, lock and unlock at least twice, ending with the door locked. When the turbo timer shuts off, the car will stay locked.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried your suggestion, but the hand remote will not lock or unlock the doors while the car is running via the turbo timer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven't done it but I do figure it is a suggestion. If you like, you can just disengage the whole, "door auto unlock after your engine cuts", mechanism but cutting the wire. If you search for "auto unlock", it'll tell you which wire color and location.

Not the best or correct suggestion but it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts